MTFCA internet survey

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: MTFCA internet survey
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 12:11 pm:

I just was logging on the forum and a screen popped up and told me that I was the lucky winner of a 50.00 coupon and I needed to fill out a survey.
I thought this was a scam. The forum doesn't support this does it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 12:19 pm:

Nope, better run an anti-virus scan! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 12:24 pm:

My first reaction would be the same as yours. I doubt that this antique software can do pop-ups. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 01:09 pm:

Common, known virus, there are many similar.

Update your virus software and run a full scan to include all folders and files.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 11:46 am:

Bottom line: no $50.00.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 11:50 am:

No $50, and your information spread farther and wider than ever before-

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 12:06 pm:

It's probably just adware in your browser, not a virus.

Often adware takes the form of browser extensions or add-ons. You can quickly manually remove them.

In Chrome: Click the Chrome menu (in the top right corner of the browser, marked by three horizontal lines) and select “Settings.” Click “Extensions,” then look for any extensions you don’t recognize. If anything looks unfamiliar, click the associated trash icon.

Internet Explorer: Click “Tools,” then “Manage add-ons.” Click “All add-ons” to view the list of everything that’s installed. Select anything you don’t recognize and click “Disable.” When you’re finished, click “Close.”

Firefox: Check your Add-ons by clicking the Open menu (three horizontal lines) in the top right corner of the screen and selecting “Add-ons.” Now click “Extensions” and look for anything you don’t recognize. To disable an extension, click it once then click “Disable.”

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 03:20 pm:

If you have an Apple, you have a worm,

the only remedies are the garbage disposal, or compost heap.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 03:21 pm:

Or you could take the day off and go fishing,

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration