Frame dimensions

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Frame dimensions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Braddock - SW Kansas on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 08:07 pm:

Was trial fitting my new Bergs radiator to the 26 frame and discovered that the mounting holes in the frame are 22 center to center and the holes in the radiator are 21 3/4. Which one is correct?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 08:11 pm:

Radiator mount holes in frame are 21 1/2" center-to-center of the holes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Braddock - SW Kansas on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 08:20 pm:

Ok thanks. Thought maybe the top rail of of the frame had been spread slightly due to too many deer being hauled on the front fenders after a successful hunt 😬

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 08:23 pm:

Usually, frames get spread...you bring the frame rails back to proper center distance for radiator, using a chain and a bottle jack like this:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Braddock - SW Kansas on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 08:25 pm:

Ok great. Thanks for the picture Scott. Its worth a thousand words

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 08:29 pm:

No problem

Your frame is a tad bit different due to the way the fenders mount on front, but the idea is the same.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 08:31 pm:

wrap the chain all the way around the frame and under the front cross member...(those c-clamps are just to keep the chain from slipping, not holding the chain to the frame!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Braddock - SW Kansas on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 08:49 pm:

Gotcha thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Chillingworth on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 09:10 pm:

I also have done this procedure. I tape a yard stick to one of the frame rails and mark the other side at 21.5" so I can measure the compression as I pump the bottle jack.

Rich C.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration