What are they for

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: What are they for
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Davis on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 10:27 pm:

I have a 1926 Coupe and I'm wondering what the 2 metal pockets are for that are located on the cross beam of the sub frame that is located just forward of where the seat back frame attaches. I'm guessing that they have something to do with the frame for the seat springs. If so what goes in them? Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 12:16 am:

If I understand your description, these are supports for the back edge of the seat cushion wood frame. jb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 10:38 am:

A good photo is worth more than 59 words. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 10:42 am:

LOL Steve, did you count the words in Richard's question?

Cabin fever must be setting in! :-O

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 10:59 am:

I'm waiting for someone to log in as Cab LeFevre . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 03:02 pm:

AKA A. Boredman.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 03:16 pm:

Hm. We knew a " Mr. Boredman" years ago, huh Rich? He was anything but boring - an interesting and cordial gent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 03:39 pm:

Yes Rich. It may have been spelt differently but he was a great guy. Not just because he owned a 50's Packard but their house was the most palatial home I had ever seen. After he passed his widow allowed me to store the '25 Touring and the body that was on the T I bought from you and built my Speedster on in their spare storage building. I tracked down a lead on an old car eventually to that very building and my own car. I'm sure you recall all this and a photo you took of me there on my 3-wheeler;

But I digress. How's that for thread drift?
My apologies to Mr. Davis.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 03:58 pm:

Drifting further (sorry Mr. Davis). Local history trivia - I believe that beautiful old home was built for the manager of the Consolidated Wagon & Machine Co. Do you recall their store on Broadway (No. side) The old building was torn down to make way for the "new" JC Penney's sometime before 1960.

I do remember the laugh over chasing your own car !! ( we have met the enemy and he is us ?!? ). I also remember other fun adventures in your "Hell's Angels" phase !! ( hee hee !
; )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 05:45 pm:

I don't recall that building but this may have been a later location for them. It was behind Fife's Texaco on Broadway and west of the river. Our friend Russ stored thousands of T parts upstairs and it later became the Army surplus store. The name and building remained there until just recently. Hopefully this photo will be more appropriate to the forum.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 05:54 pm:

another not far from that location.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Evan in Paso Robles on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 06:03 pm:

Richard,

Is that a Servi-car with a custom box?

Evan in Paso

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 06:15 pm:

Looks like Richard has always been a rebel!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 06:41 pm:

I confess I strayed from the safety and good judgement of the car folks and fell into the influence of some degenerate bikers. Mom told people they were fine young lads but could bathe more often. My worst offense was to "chop" that wonderful Servi-car that I bought for $65 in 1966.

Fortunately, I came to my senses and after building my Yellow Speedster I tried to build my T's as Henry had. I still have a 1919 HD which I try to restore but I fear the biker has left the building.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 07:12 pm:

Its a short trip from HD to T. Still love both.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 07:15 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 07:36 pm:

Rich, is there a date on that picture of the steam engine ? The rock building was the Consolidated warehouse, trackside on the West Bank. The "showroom" and store was the building I referred to on Broadway. They sold all manner of hardware items besides . . . horse drawn farm implements- which they were still doing in the early '50s.

I remember Idaho Falls police patrolling on those Harley servi-cars. Is that where yours came from ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 12:31 pm:

I can find no date on the picture with the Locomotive. It appears many places. This one says "Flour mill early 1900's"

As for the Servi-car I don't know of it's history beyond the fellow I bought it from.

That is a nice looking ride Dallas. I'm glad you also enjoy the T.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 01:43 pm:

Thanks, Rich. I'm thinking the railroad bridge was built around 1885 when the Montana line came through. The footings for Taylor's bridge are visible, but by then a newer bridge must have been constructed. Those footings were still there last I looked, but the Consolidated warehouse has been torn down what with all the wonderful new improvements being made in good ol' "Alcohol Falls". ; )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Davis on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 04:27 pm:

Here are those pockets that I asked about

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Davis on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 04:28 pm:

For some reason the photo didn't come thru any suggestions?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 04:35 pm:

I would be happy to resize your photo for this forum if you can send it to me at: joyfuleagle@aol.com

Rich

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration