Morrilton Arkansas tires

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Morrilton Arkansas tires
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Shirley on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 11:14 am:

In the summer of 1963 I helped an old man reassemble a 13 T touring automobile after paint. One of the things he was most proud of was a set of white tires that were made in Morrilton Arkansas. And by the, looks to me Folks either say Kansas or Arkansas wrong, the people around here say Arkansaw and I feel spelling should reflect that. But anyway, the car was sold while I was on any all expense paid world tour in 1970. Some years later I tracked the automobile down and was able to buy it, with it's white tires. The tires still look pretty good for 55 years old. Rocks have chipped the tread some and they are not as smooth but still serviceable. How many of you are still running Morrilton tires? Dose any one know what happended to the molds?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 11:19 am:

Sure be nice to see some pictures, Bob !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 11:22 am:

Universal Tire purchased PJA and production of tires ceased at the Museum of Automobiles at Petit Jean.

They are good tires and it's still not unusual to see them. Proof that making good white tires should not today be an unreasonable expectation.

When Arkansas was still a territory it was spelled Arkansaw, though it is still pronounced the same.

(Message edited by Wmh on December 29, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 11:40 am:

Bob, yes, pictures, please!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration