FJ - First Automobile For Dayton, Ohio Police Department

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: FJ - First Automobile For Dayton, Ohio Police Department
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 11:24 am:

Was a Model T ......

Purchased on August 26th, 1915 .....
( Stolen while parked in front of City Hall )
( No record of recovery ever found )

World’s First Speeding Ticket was written by
The Dayton Police Department In 1904 .....

Harry Myers was ticketed on West Third Street
for traveling 12 mph ......

Source - Dayton Daily News - Thursday December 28th, 2017

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 11:35 am:

In that thread on the stripped down chassis, 12mph was also the speed that got the Lord Mayor busted for "driving furiously". How the heck did they know how fast they were going ?!? No radar.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 11:50 am:

Rich,

They estimated the speed of the offending vehicle based on firsthand experience ...... ( ahem )

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 12:50 pm:

(ahem) as my dad said "the law does not require you to have a speedometer, it merely states that you are required to keep your forward progress under that of the posted limit".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 11:59 pm:

California does not require a speedometer.
They say that most people are a better judge of speed than they think they are.
I have five personal cars. One has a working speedometer, although I have a GPS in my daily driver that keeps track of speed and distance traveled. I drive it about 5500 miles every 6 months. I change the AMSOIL very 10,000 miles.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration