Early Touring Pic..

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Early Touring Pic..
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By D. R. Currier on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 04:23 pm:

The Willows in Steuben, Maine 1910

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 05:06 pm:

That is a wonderful scene.
Thanks
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 07:29 pm:

Yes it is. I bet it's so quiet there you can hear your ears ring. (at least mine anyway..bad case of tinnitus). Looks like an '11?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Woolf on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 10:44 pm:

Tim,

I believe it is earlier than 1911 because it has the horizontal molding across the middle of the rear door. The rear doors on the 1911 touring were smooth without the molding.

Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 11:37 pm:

The driver must be drunk, he can't keep it on the road.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan George Long on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 11:39 pm:

09 or 10 is my guess based on the rear doors, lights and angle of the folded down top. Would love a closer clearer shop of what is a ideal scene
Alan in Western Australia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 11:50 am:

If a higher resolution image is available, it may reveal more details of the car. What a lovely scene !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 12:12 pm:

While this doesn't improve the resolution it is a bit larger.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 12:42 pm:

I am always interested in photos of 1910 Ford T touring. My T is from May of 1910 and was sold in Elgin, IL. It came to Minnesota from Chicago in 1932. The oldest photos I have my T are from 1937 when the then owner, the Pure Oil Co. had it in sveral parades. I check all photos I see of 1910 Tourings that may have been taken in Illinois.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 12:48 pm:

Dan, thanks for the info. Still learning, still forgetting what I learned!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 01:15 pm:

My T was equipped with John Brown model 60 side lights and model 15 head lights when new. I have a set of original lights, but use three tier E&J side lights for that special look. The T pictured has the separate Ford brass script attached to the center of the radiator as many 1910s did when new. The from fenders have the bill. Most 1909 front fenders did not have the bill. The windshield probably is not a Rands as the two halves are not the same size .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 03:48 pm:

Good eyes for the details, Darel ! Thanks for that.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration