OT - New Years wish: A moderated forum, free of politics and similar baloney

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT - New Years wish: A moderated forum, free of politics and similar baloney
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 04:56 pm:

Imagine a forum that provided useful "T" info, free from personal rants and petty politics.

I'm thankful for the resource we have available to us and am disappointed that it is being more and more abused.

Wishing you all a Happy New Year, and hoping for a thoughtful, educational forum throughout 2018.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 05:32 pm:

Ditto Scott

Now, lets see how long it takes for this thread to turn..........

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 05:37 pm:

Didn't take long for the other one to get deleted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 06:46 pm:

Well my new years wish is for folks to learn the concept of forgiveness and tolerance.
If a thread or subject is disturbing,there is a back button. It is the internet. You can unplug from it.
It is my understanding moderation is done by volunteers.So unless others are willing to work for ZERO,not much can change. I think the moderator does a decent job.
I can't imagine how people function in the outside world from the forum without having heart attacks.
There is a great group of people here and i am thankful for this forum and the help I have received from it. I don't complain if I don't like something,I just move on to the next thread.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 06:49 pm:

You ever notice that most of the time when someone complains about a thread, its a name you dont recognize?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 07:26 pm:

Right now I just wish it would WARM UP! Cripes over in Germany where we have relatives, who live almost 500 miles further north, it's in the upper 40's to mid 50's right through New Years! Luck them!

Otherwise, Happy New Year everybody! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 08:19 pm:

IMAGINE

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people living for today
Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people living life in peace, you
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one
Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people sharing all the world, you
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one.

John Lennon :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 08:34 pm:

Well, the 3 things people need to keep their mouth shut about:
1. Sex
2. Religion
3. Politics

Cheers,
Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 08:37 pm:

There is a difference between people who disagree about something and personal insult. I'm sure that everyone who lives disagrees about something his neighbors, acquaintances, or friends believe in. We can disagree politely. I don't believe we should critisise or condemn someone with whom we disagree we each have our own opinion even when sometimes it is wrong.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 08:37 pm:

Well said Scott & Jay !!!

This is after all, a Model T Forum - go put all the other B.S. on your facebook crap !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 08:48 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 08:51 pm:

Willis, I have been a member of this forum since the second month it was started after Al Gore invented the Internet and I do not remember there ever being a disagreement about Sex. I think most will agree that one cannot have too much! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 08:52 pm:

I understand the need to keep this forum the way it is, because so many of us old farts are on dial-up internet.
A benefit of the V-Bulletin style forum, is that there can be different sub-forums. That would keep the B.S. off the main tech forum. Happy New Year, you bunch of Old Codgers!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 09:01 pm:

Norman, well said. The tone of this forum should be like a formal dinner with friends. Respect and respectability are items sorely lacking in today's world. We should strive to maintain it here in "our special place."

As for "other B.S. on your facebook crap", after reading on this forum coming on two years now, I'm not so sure the strictly Model T subjects haven't been exhausted. Renew a thread on any subject, and there are those who will post links (often very helpful) in lieu of answering a simple question. I have found the thread drift and humor, discussions on all manner of subjects that reflect on history and other things very interesting and often very useful. It would be too bad if this forum were to become so strictly "moderated" all the ephemera and "OT" posts were eliminated. I think the result would be . . . the now defunct MTFCI website.

Take the good, ignore the bad. Sooner or later, the true character of those who post here is revealed, the "anonymous" nature of the internet notwithstanding.

Happy New Year, friends !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 09:21 pm:

Michael,

I did not say that "sex" was argued on this forum. It is well known in social gatherings that those 3 topics, mentioned above, can create a "firestorm" of arguments. It certainly is true at my place of work!
I do like your last sentence! Words to live by.....

Cheers,
Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 09:43 pm:

I like this forum just the way it is, warts and all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 10:05 pm:

I have noted in the past that there are people that post and as soon as they do there are members here that jump down there throat. If you don't like the person that made the post keep your mouth shut and hands off the key board.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 10:15 pm:

You want a slow death? There's 2 other places you can go: The Ford Barn and that new site that just popped up. Both are loaded with info and pics and are deadder than kelsey's n**s. I'm not telling any one what to post or think but if you don't like it here make up your own mind about what you want to do and LEAVE THIS PLACE ALONE !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick-Ypsi, MI on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 10:20 pm:

I read any post, till Marvels Mystery Oil is mentioned. Usually, once that happens the post goes downhill fast.

Patrick
Ypsi, MI

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 10:25 pm:

whats the story on Marvel Mystery Oil?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 10:50 pm:

I think any forum devoid of any OT or humor, is ultimately setting themselves up for failure. This forum has great people with knowledge you just can't get by reading the manual. I agree that politics doesn't belong here, but we all know who the regular protagonists are, to which i say, just ignore them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 10:55 pm:

I was away most of the day, so I missed it. I assume another descent into politics. Somehow that causes otherwise pleasant people to veer off into personal nastiness. Too many are unwilling to disagree without being disagreeable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 11:02 pm:

Too many people think so much of themselves that everyone else must be wrong! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel D. Chicoine, MD, Pierre, SD on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 11:08 pm:

We all have different likes, dislikes, past experiences, strengths,weaknesses, nationalities, and gender. The ONLY thing we have in common is our enjoyment of the Ford Model T. I enjoy the salad. I only request that we all enjoy and respect each other's differences. I hope the forum stays the same.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john pawlowski - NE Pennsylvania on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 11:15 pm:

Last I checked the discussion was about paying for air at a gas station.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 11:30 pm:

All this because of one week below zero. Winter just started.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 11:47 pm:

Well I have been studying.
https://www.wikihow.com/Become-a-Curmudgeon
Seems like I have already been 1 for about 25 years!
https://www.thoughtco.com/requirements-to-serve-as-president-3322199
Hum, I wonder, I need to come up with a couple mil for campaign funds.

Of course,you would think sometimes this guy is posting on here under the name of Arnold or Hugh Jass.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/15/amou-haji-iran-hasnt-bathed-60-years_n _4602936.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 04:44 am:

Whatever happened to Hugh? Dang, I miss him!!! :-) :-) Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 08:09 am:

I just had my baloney for breakfast. I can't imagine a world without baloney.:-(
I can't wait for warmer weather. 12 and 17 for lows all next week!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 08:17 am:

HUGH JASS ??
Hugh grabbed both checks of his Jass and pulled them up over his head and disappeared! :-) :-)

Hows that for FAKE NEWS. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 08:19 am:

So are you saying you are full of baloney Mack ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 08:42 am:

No worry here, I've got my Baloney meter handy. :-)

It works great on political stuff like this. :-) :-)

For those here without a sense of humor I would suggest renting or buying one, you'll actually enjoy life more and live a lot longer! Happy New Year All! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 08:52 am:

My, my, my. _Where to begin, where to begin...

I'm reminded of a gentleman who once said that his country was the greatest nation in the world, and then in the very next breath, proclaimed how he intended to fundamentally change it.

I don't think anyone can argue against the reality that what we have in this forum is wonderfully unique to the collector-car world. -Complaining about its flaws is a little bit like dating Sophia Loren (or Sophia Vergara—the principle is the same) and lamenting that she cannot speak English without an accent.

When one of us feels the relatively infrequent need to rant about his impertinent pet peeve, the gentlemanly practice of preceding the thread with the initials, "OT," is a courtesy generally observed, and those who would rather not partake at that particular table can expend the Odyssean effort of skipping over it.

Regarding the forbidden three topics: I'll reserve the right to say something relevant on the 4th of July and on Christmas and oh yes, every once in a while, I like to see that photo of our resident beauty cranking that Model T.

I really do enjoy the fun and ribbing and chop-busting that we of this fraternity experience, and let's face it; the fur is going to fly now and then, so when that happens, it probably doesn't matter whether we're talking current events or which oil is best for the Model T Ford. -To those who cannot handle a little "offense," I lovingly suggest growing a thicker skin.

Oh—and John Lennon was nowhere near as good as Elvis.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daren Carlson on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 09:05 am:

There's a line between free speech and just plain insults. Most of the insults were against the sandal wearing tree hugging left. I run into this with the local T club as well. It gets old really fast. I keep my politics out of it as it has no place there. Remember there are T owners on the Left. They join the clubs for the same reason as others. After awhile you feel left out as you are not good enough.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Curtis Fesler on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 09:12 am:

I think its fine to disagree but that can be done without insult to the poster.

But we need to remember that a certain portion of the public suffers from mental disease of one form or another. Some of our group are no doubt waiting and hovering over a computer all day waiting for a chance to pounce. Why deprive these nuts of the satisfaction of jumping on someone? If they get personal the boss can ban them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 09:13 am:

So to keep it automotive and political baloney related, would you buy a used car from this women??

:-):-):-)

Raise your hand if your twitching on the floor like a flounder out of water after viewing this post and I'll give you the number of a great Therapist :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 09:36 am:

well Scott, less than a day!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 09:38 am:

Apparently, there were at least 3 million more voters willing to buy that than the obese dud we ended up with........

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 09:46 am:

Houston! We have a twitchier !!! :-):-):-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 10:41 am:

LOL Jay, that photo is a keeper. This is going to be a great new year :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Horton, Utah on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 10:51 am:

Not sure, but I think it was Plato (427-347 BC) that said, “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert L. Rogers on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 10:52 am:

Willis, I'm adding some forbidden topics:
4. MMO
5. Water pumps
6. Engine oil

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 10:57 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 11:27 am:

I am on the floor,wiggling around,but it aint because I need a therapist!:-) It is because I am laughing to hard to be in a chair! :-)
I love it here.Alot of folks would do well to have a place to work on something.It takes alot of effort and concentration to complete a complex task and when you do sit down to the forum or whatever,comedy relief is nice.
I beat and welded together parts from 4 golf carts to make 1 usable unit. I started early summer and got caught up in repairing stuff for friends and neighbors,then the T body. So now it is To cold to be outside,so finishing this has kept me occupied the last week. Needed to get it out of the shop so I can get the T chassis in there and fit the body to it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 11:42 am:

So, back to the original post, sorry to say, Scott - it don't look like your wish is gonna be granted anytime soon . . . sigh. Maybe next year ? (2019)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 11:48 am:

Ignore those spoilers whose mission in life is to be a "Maytag Man" (like, as trying to be an 'agitator'). We know and recognize their names, or they are quickly obvious. If we're somewhat fortunate, they'll disappear like the 'wind' they are. Personally, I appreciate the many friends and acquaintances found through this Forum.

Take Care; Behave: Stay Warm (and)
"Happy T-ing!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 12:15 pm:

Funny you should say "Maytag Man" =o)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 12:18 pm:

I wonder if the 15,000,000+ people who bought new Model T's all had the same opinions on sex, religion and politics? You think not? Then why should we later generation caretakers of their cars all agree on everything? It'd be a pretty boring place to visit if this website were a strictly nuts and bolts kind of place. "Just the facts, Ma'am" gets old quickly. Besides the literally thousands of years of collective Model T experience and knowledge on tap here, this site has PERSONALITY. Admittedly, I wouldn't want to invite some of our folks over for Thanksgiving dinner, but I sure as heck wouldn't turn certain others away if they rang the door bell just as we sat down to a turkey dinner! We run the gamut here from "get-along-with-anyone" types to "no-matter-what they-write-they're-grating" kind of personalities. The more egregious, offensive personalities tend to eventually go away, leaving the core unit intact. Water seeks its own level and year after year - despite occasional hissy fits and internecine squabbling - the heart of this website has remained intact and strong, peripherally losing only a couple souls along the way. That's good news and bad news: sometimes it was good that certain ones left, sometimes it was bad. I'd say we still have a pretty good batting average.
I do regret seeing some very knowledgeable posters leave because of cat fights among the family on this website. Misunderstandings and hurt feelings are bound to occur on an internet site like this for reasons already thrashed to death in dozens of past threads. It's just a shame that we lose a couple otherwise helpful forum members over real or perceived slights. Even so, I for one would not like to see this site go the route of another unnamed forum that borders on the Pollyanna rose-colored glasses fringe in regards to requiring kissy-faced kumbaya faux behavior, overregulation and biased censorship. I do, however, agree that civility should be the order of the day around here so that we can avoid becoming a police state type of forum. Let's not throw the baby out with the wash while trying to make the world perfect. Leave this site alone! It's already ALMOST perfect here!
Marshall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 12:20 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 12:21 pm:

By the way, I tried to work in more clichés and homilies in my last posting, but I was unsuccessful. :-) Maybe next year (like beginning on Monday!)?
Marshall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Kossor - Kenilworth, NJ on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 12:35 pm:

A person who sows discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as this Forum) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion, often for their amusement; is known as an internet Troll according to Wikipedia.

As the new year approaches, I am thankful for the continued oversight and management of this Forum to ensure compliance with forum policy: Posts should be related to the Model T. Post for the good of the hobby. Off Topic - OT - posts are allowed but should still be hobby related. Political posts and posts insulting other posters will be removed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 12:50 pm:

As Mahatma Gandhi said "Can't we all just get along ? " Or was that Rodney King? :-) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 01:02 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 01:30 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 02:50 pm:

meet the new boss, same as the old boss...............

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 03:09 pm:

Best New Years resolution would NO OT threads. None period. Would that be to good to be true? From what I can see all of the negative stuff comes from OT stuff. Not all but a lot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 03:16 pm:

Mack. Shame on you!

Since you made one cart out of four, the one you have is not original.
I’ll wager that the air in the tires has been changed, you hid a water pump under the seat, and you converted it to use modern electrons.
Speaking of seats - We can’t tell if it is the correct shade of bone and we don’t see any beer can holders.

Mister Go is turning over in his grave because of what you did!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 03:28 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 04:24 pm:

The "Maytag Man" keeps trying, doesn't he?

"If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all!" was how we raised our children. Those lessons can still be learned today.

"Happy T-ing!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 04:30 pm:

A realization: The 'kids' are often more responsible and intelligent than childish 'adults'.

"Happy T-ing!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 06:21 pm:

It's a Bit'sa cart Fred! :-)
When I go to a tech session with the local club there is alot talked about besides the T's. It is normal for people to discuss things Other than T's.
Do some folks go to a gun show and if the subjects of weather or space travel come,pitch a hissy? I doubt it.
Jay,I just removed a chair tag the other day.Then later wondered, did someone see that from a satellite? A low flying helicopter flew over about a hour later!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 06:43 pm:

Mack, So long as Saint Pete doesn't have a problem with you removing that tag your good to go my friend. Now the gobernment that's another story! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Sullivan on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 06:44 pm:

Mack C, out of the three there's gotta be enough parts for at least ONE more. Dave in Bellingham,WA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arnold on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 06:48 pm:

The government won't let me drive my T with the original Henry Ford glass. Not a liberal government.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 07:17 pm:

naw,to much rust in the frames and 1 was butchered by a teen trying to make a stretch limo with air ride! :0
Just found out awhile ago, a repair job is going to take up the shop for about a week as I wait on parts,so no t chassis in there yet! :-(
But the repair will generate a few buck to go towards the project.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 07:18 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 07:57 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 08:00 pm:

Now that's funny...I don't care who you are.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 09:15 pm:

The maytag in the white T,that is a early side exhaust engine,I can't remember the vintage.
But that 1 is sought after moreso than the later 1's.
I can't tell much about the other 1.
Donald's head looks to be a bit bigger than the rest of him. :-), it actually took me a minute to figure out who the head belonged to as it was black and white.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 10:33 pm:

His head is always bigger than the rest of us. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 11:17 pm:

Mack, a Maytag "fruit Jar"? Not the best design- hard to fill then invert the jar without making a mess- but HIGHLY collectible now!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C-west central, MN on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 11:18 pm:

Nice side exhaust Maytag in the back of that Coupe. Never seen one before! :-)
Fruit-jar engines are as upside-down as the fuel tank... :-)

Are you guys TRYING to get this thread deleted?
Now I know what Scott was talking about.

(Message edited by duey_c on December 30, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 01:05 am:

A reasoned discussion of differing political views.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 07:42 am:

Yea the fruit jar engines are highly collectible. I have a couple long base 92's and a couple twins.Nothing special but the 92's are original paint with remnants of the decals. I don't figure on restoring them as they are only original once.
If there was not a negative air in the thread,I think it is alot humor and good times to be had by all.
We are a diverse group of people.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 08:26 am:

People who START these threads chumming for discord ARE the REAL MAGTAG men!!! PERIOD!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 09:22 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 09:40 am:

I sit here amused at the longevity of this thread. I compare it to "why won't my carburetor work?" or "where can I find a confabulator screw?" thread that get just a few comments. I guess part of the huge success this forum has over others is the variety and opinions and freedom to express them within limits.
I also know at least one member here is the favorite son of a genuine "Maytag Repairman".
At my age things don't get any better than this.
Bring it on.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 10:07 am:

I have two of the alluminum Maytags and. We use a 1970s wringer Maytag as our washer. It is being use as
I write this. I have one like it as a back up. We also hang the wash out side on lines to dry.
My oldest auto is our 1910 Ford. Our newest auto is our 2004 Ford Taurus station wagon. Why buy new when old will do?,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 10:11 am:

Jay

I wasn't chumming for discord. You'd be pretty hard pressed to ever find a thread or post of mine that had a distinct attempt to upset anyone. I am in fact pretty much sorry I posted this thread if that's what it has become. So to all who may have been offended by my original premise...I am sorry.

There exists on this forum a multitude of experienced and generous folks, knowledgeable on all sorts of subjects and the absence of one won't be missed. Sounds like it's time for me to spend a little more time in the shop.

Richard

I was thinking the very same thing

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 10:47 am:

I never would have thought "Maytag Man" could be a perjorative. Frankly, I don't get it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 11:08 am:

only when its spelled "MAGTAG"...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 11:12 am:

Me either. This whole thread has been a mystery to me. Not sure why Jay thinks Scott was trying to start something with this thread. Not sure why Scott's making his grand announcement that he's taking his ball and going home. Not sure what the Maytag man has to do with the price of eggs in China. Not sure why some insist on repeatedly blatantly making political posts just because. Like i say, this whole thread has been a mystery to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 11:16 am:

Life is full of mystery's.Such as this. I think part of it is the cold weather has us all bundled up in the house.
I always thought the Maytag man was a bored technician that was very quite and such.But now he is a "agitator". Hum, Like you Hal,that is still a mystery.
But political or not,the photoshop of Trump driving that neat T pickup is kinda cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arnold on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 11:22 am:

bull

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 11:25 am:

Arnold,being you are way over there in China are there any local chapters of the T clubs there?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arnold on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 11:49 am:

Model T on China

s-l225

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arnold on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 11:57 am:

Yes the club is in Guangzhou, China.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 12:06 pm:

A summation of this thread. :-) :-)

YOU ASKED FOR IT, YOU GOT IT! TOYOTA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsKYNQTbSD4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 12:37 pm:

I have reached the point I seldom read the forum or post but for years I was active. I won't get in the discussion about politics and religion but I will say that many of the most knowledgeable people not longer participate because if you post anything based on years of experience, study, research, expermentation, etc, you had better have time to monitor the thread and argue with the experts. Several years ago I posted some carburetor theory gleaned from years of experience, countless hours of study, etc and had a guy tear in to me who spent hours posting pages from a 1950's high school text book from beginning shop class trying to prove to me that "vacuum" is correct, not "pressure differential." I said screw this, shut off that thread and have never posted anything about carburetion theory again. And not much else. I could name a dozen people who have had that same experience. I do not have the time or temperament to argue over petty crap. It used to be a learning and sharing environment, far less today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 12:48 pm:

There's a couple others that used to post regularly who were VERY knowledgeable that seldom post anymore. One, almost NEVER. Ive not discussed the reason with either of them, but I strongly suspect the reason was some of the new "experts" on here that arguing with was like banging your head against the wall.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 12:52 pm:

Perhaps the Allstate "Mayhem Man" would be more illustrating than the subliminal 'there is always an agitator' reference with Maytag. We will try to identify it when friendly fire occurs in the military, knowing all along it IS just as deadly.
The internet trolls COULD just disappear, (hint: their mentality doesn't allow for that), or they can be ignored. Telling them to disappear only lights their fuse again - exactly what they want! "More mayhem & discourse!" providing them attention for their "Look at me!" attitude.
They don't deserve enough attention to even be given the time-of-day. Respect of others (or themselves) is an unknown trait to them.
Perhaps there's a need of a 'vetting' process... (1. Do you even own a Model T?; 2. What is your full address?; 3. Provide THREE MTFCA registrants to vouch for you.)
Implement a "3-Strikes and YOU'RE BANNED" rule! It's way too easy to be a "Mayhem Man".

Happy New Year to the many well-meaning folks here! (and)

Thanks for the Model T knowledge willingly shared!
"Happy T-ing!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 01:57 pm:

I showed my daughter this thread just to get her opinion on how a person wishing a Happy New Year could deteriorate into @#$issing contest about politics. She, as an unbiased viewer suggested the 3-strikes rule suggested by Marv. Considering how bad this got I think she and Marv have a good suggestion. Politics really don't have a place here.

Howard Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 02:36 pm:

Can you say 'pontificate'.......sure you can! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 03:10 pm:

So now we went from the Maytag man to Mr Rogers in the 'hood! WOW,talk about a twist.
Arnold,I cant find any info on the Chinese chapter of the club? I wanted to see some of the members cars and such.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 03:16 pm:

Found these: http://www.sino-us.com/16/16422985094.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 03:27 pm:

Cool Link, Thanks Howard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 03:33 pm:

Thanks Howard they seem to have some nice cars over there.I do notice they are on jackstands.Tires must be costly there.And I know where there is a Hubmobile chassis! Sadly without the purdy gal sitting in it and plenty of rust!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 03:43 pm:

Mack, How's this to close out 2017. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arnold on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 03:50 pm:

Mack,is this hat you are looking for?
https://www.google.com/search?q=Guangzhou,+China+model+t+ford&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS77 1US771&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 03:51 pm:

NOW youre getting offensive!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 03:54 pm:

OMG, you can see her knee! Hussy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 03:57 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 04:14 pm:

I love these kinds of threads because you can glean what other people think the forum should like. A lot of folks have no tolerance for other points of view. For example- there is a perception that the "old timers" are the only ones who can contribute accurate and useful knowledge...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 05:46 pm:

Jay that is a good way to end 2017 and Open 2018 far as I am concerned. But like Hal said, Her knee is visible,We may need to edit that out!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 06:01 pm:

At least the car has hubcaps so its nuts are not exposed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 12:34 pm:

To reply to Marv's suggestion of a vetting process "1. Do you even own a Model T?; 2. What is your full address?; 3. Provide THREE MTFCA registrants to vouch for you".
#1, T ownership isn't a requirement of MTFCA. #2 No issue there. No street name let alone street number where I live. #3 ludicrous :-)
But Happy New Year in your quest :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 12:48 pm:

-Hi, Gary & Guys-
The best of New Year's wishes to all!
Nothing irrational - Just thinking about how to go about a 'short-circuit' of those trolls and instigators who are only seeking a reaction. They help and serve no one but themselves. Most people here have a pretty good ID of 'Who "those" are'...

Take Care; Be Safe; Behave, (and)
"Happy T-ing!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 06:38 pm:

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration