1912 for sale cheap???

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 1912 for sale cheap???
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 09:16 pm:

well, not quite.... DURN!

https://classiccars.com/listings/view/1029895/1912-ford-model-t-for-sale-in-pedr icktown-new-jersey-08067

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 09:20 pm:

Even if it's a bitsa it seems to me like $12K is pretty decent if it's close to running, no?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 09:27 pm:

Looks much more like a 1915-16. $15,000 sounds like a good price if running.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 09:27 pm:

For starters, it's a 1915 not a 12.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 10:31 pm:

Frank is right. It's a 1915. From what I can see of it in its dark hidey hole fifteen grand is a pretty ambitious price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Billy Vrana Kewaskum wi on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 10:54 pm:

Does the pool go with it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 11:05 pm:

For $15 G's, the pools had darn well better be included.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, December 29, 2017 - 11:45 pm:

Has anyone contacted the seller to explain what year the T really is? Likely it's someone who inherited the T and has no clue.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 12:04 am:

What I see: a much later car mocked up to look like a 1915 Ford.

1917 or later body (see notch in cowl)

Square felloe wheels

Square top sockets (1918 or later)

Also - it's the same old story. I want to sell my car but can't take a decent photo to save my soul. Also, I really don't know what I own.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john pawlowski - NE Pennsylvania on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 01:08 am:

It has the extremely rare automatic transmission.
Just a little levity.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Andreasen on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 09:03 am:

I notice the description says "restored". Uh-huh.
Well, at least it's got a water pump...

Just a little more levity.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 09:23 am:

Hmmmmm,....It does have a 1915 New Jersey plate, but then there's that aluminum hogshead.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wes Nelson ........Bucyrus, MO on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 10:34 am:

I love looking at pictures of black cars parked in a cave...my first thought is, what is the seller trying to hide? To me, if you want that kind of money, you need to put on a show. My parents taught me that there are no free lunches, everything has a price. They want an offer, ok, I offer $1500 sight unseen, am I trying to steal their car, no, but for that kind of money, they need to wow me. I think that they are just lazy and don't want to work at merchandising their car. In short this advertisement pisses me off. MHO Wes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 10:48 am:

David Dewey makes a good point. Many times the seller has little knowledge of the car and only what Grampa said. Some don't have the knowledge, resources or time to set a realistic price (whatever that is). They may worry about being taken just as a buyer might be.
The Ford flathead V-8 called a 1927 is another example of a "best guess".
Who knows.
"just sayin'"
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 10:57 am:

Rich, I agree. But I would add a couple of words. "...and only what they think Grampa said." If you've ever played Telephone, you know how word of mouth gets scrambled.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 11:02 am:

Good point Steve.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 11:26 am:

here's its kissin' cousin from the same sight- at a slightly higher price! :

https://classiccars.com/listings/view/1045059/1916-ford-model-t-for-sale-in-midv ale-utah-84047

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 01:23 pm:

A parade car - a fun and drive car - worth perhaps $9000 if it runs and drives okay. Call it a 1915, but it is really a "Look-a-like".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 02:18 pm:

All T's are the same, huh ??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 02:36 pm:

When I first took a look at the pics I first thought it was a 18-21 with the earlier firewall and hood off a 15-16. It seems to be a decent car but it's definitely not a 12.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 02:54 pm:

32K for that 1916???? Shoot, you could buy that pretty authentic 1910 Tourabout for less!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 02:44 am:

Dale,
Aluminum hogs heads were being put on cars into December 1915, look at the pics of engine #1,000,000 from Dec 10, 1915.
:-)
I didn't get a chance to see the other detail photos with the notched cowl and the square top bows--dang'd dial-up!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration