Magneto coil ring pick up......

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Magneto coil ring pick up......
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Andreasen on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 08:58 am:

Well, I turned my attention to the magneto coil ring and found that the termination for the coil ribbon has nothing left but a screw and what looks like the remnants of an insulating bushing of some sort. The end of the copper ribbon is simply hanging loose...not right.

What did this connection look like originally? Does anyone have a good closeup picture available?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 09:00 am:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/122072.html?1264263362

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Andreasen on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 09:08 am:

Thanks Mark.......it looks as if the ribbon rests on a triangular piece of insulation, like phenolic. The insulation in turn is held to the iron magneto ring. Is that correct? All of that is missing on my assembly.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration