1927 Ford V8 for sale on Hemming.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 1927 Ford V8 for sale on Hemming.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 10:10 am:

https://www.hemmings.com/parts/item/13376.html?refer=saturday?refer=saturday

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 10:22 am:

Typo. Possibly 1937? It seems to be the 60 HP flathead.
Others will know more.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 10:30 am:

That is a '46 -'48 Ford flathead V8, and well worth the asking price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 10:44 am:

This should be a wake up call to all of us!! Identify the “inventory “ and dispose of the “surplus projects “. I’ve been getting rid of a car a year for the last 5 years and not replacing them

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 10:52 am:

As Darryl said, '46-'48 100 hp, 239 cu.in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eubanks, Powell, TN on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 05:37 pm:

That's a good way to break the bellhousing off on a flathead!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C-west central, MN on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 08:23 pm:

OT Jim, how the heck do we support these on a stand?
I have two #59 engines here and that is a lot of weight on those bolts.
Shoot, I'm pretty tall yet working on the one in a 2 Ton truck frame is nigh-on impossible! ;-)
Remove the hood and sit on the fender... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Billing on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 12:40 am:

Duey, mount the flathead on the side where an exhaust manifold bolts on, using a 45 degree angled plate.
To save your back somewhat when working on the 2 tonner, remove the wheels and get that thing down low. Certainly helps. You've still got those big fat fenders to clean over, but at a more comfortable height.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C-west central, MN on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 12:43 am:

Hehe. Never thought of that Brian!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 12:48 am:

I’ve known machinists that have mounted dozens of ford and mercury V8 engines ‘32 through ‘48 with the bellhousing bolts and never broke one. I have personally done about ten that way and I have never heard of one that broke, although I prefer the side mount bracket to hold the engine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By samuel pine on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 06:34 am:

Its so simple; just cut a V notch in a 2x4
and suport the front cramk UP a little and with
a little grease in the V you still can turn the
crank over easy....I think the 1927 is a typo.
Actually that engine came out sometime in 1945 thru
48. 1948 F series got the new 8RT engine but
48 cars still has the 100hp 59A.......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eubanks, Powell, TN on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 08:42 am:

I use a bracket that bolts where the exhaust manifold goes. Works very well and not danger of breaking anything.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration