Another T came to visit me.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Another T came to visit me.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 10:03 pm:

I am trying to get this 1921 T running again. It was stored 26 years ago. The engine turns with the crank and the car will roll in neutral so those are good signs. The battery was not removed when the car was stored and it is very corroded. Will need to replace the battery and the cables. I am hoping to get the engine running and listen to it before pulling anything down.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 10:16 pm:

Notice how close the battery hold-down clamp is, to the positive post. That kind of stuff makes me cringe. I'm gonna have nightmares tonight :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Zachary Carrico on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 10:19 pm:

As long as there is was coolant (or it was empty) I bet it will get going with out too much fuss. I'm going to go out on a limb and say the battery needs more than the terminals cleaned! Here's hoping it sounds well when it starts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 10:31 pm:

Ed, I don't think you have to worry about that battery. You should sleep good tonight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C-west central, MN on Saturday, December 30, 2017 - 11:31 pm:

Norm, you ol' gear head, keep us updated on this project!
You know it's gonna be a cinch...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 07:43 am:

black balloon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 08:00 am:

Is this another restoration for yourself Norm? Your wife seems to be right at home behind the wheel :-) Looks like a good start to a very happy new year :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 11:37 am:

It appears the lower half of the battery box is still in there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 11:41 am:

No, I am working on it for a lady in the club. It has been in storage since 1991.
Norm

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration