Henrietta's hubcaps.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Henrietta's hubcaps.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 04:19 am:

Today I finished fitting new kingpins, tie rod ends and bushes to the front end. When cleaning up the hubs and bearings I discovered these under all the grease.

They are both unbranded aluminium castings, but each is different.

I managed to retain most of the built up grease and grime to keep her authentic.

The grease in the hubs was quite fluid, which no doubt contributed to the healthy cover of grunge.

I replaced just one inner cup out of all the bearing pieces. I have rarely found bearing cones in as good condition as these.

I now have to wait for the radiator to come back with its new top outlet before I can think about trying to start her to see how she is mechanically.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 08:13 am:

Much more difficult to keep it as found when making repairs. Kudos on your effort Allan.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration