A Shaw High Crop

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: A Shaw High Crop
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 11:43 am:

Over at the Yesterdays Tractor site there is a neat tractor for sale made with many 1926 Model T Ford parts.Nice picture,rare tractor,and expensive!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 11:46 am:

I shoulda bought the remnants of a Shaw I saw a few years ago for 400 bucks. But no,I had to wring my hands and think, "oh I have to many projects". Not many of the Shaw kits are around.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 11:50 am:

Oh ! A Shaw was a conversion kit ?? You fellers got any pictures ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 12:01 pm:

Can be seen here:

http://www.tractorshed.com/cgi-bin/photoads/classifieds.cgi?search_and_display_d b_button=on&db_id=658710&query=retrieval

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 12:25 pm:

20K??!!! Are you kidding me?!! Laughable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 12:41 pm:

Hope springs eternal. I have no idea what the market is on vintage tractors - I do know there's a lot of interest, and I've seen some remarkable collections locally.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 01:52 pm:

That guy obviously likes that tractor more than I would so I'm gonna let him keep it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Peternell on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 02:57 pm:

I think it's a steal!! Here are my girls.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 03:02 pm:

I often watch the tractor auction on the rfd channel and anything high crop usually fetches big money.About two weeks ago there was a model AA doodlebug for sale on the same site but i can't seem to buy them for 50.00 anymore.Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Lynn on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 04:46 pm:

Love your tractors Michael. They can live in my garage anytime.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 08:18 pm:

I saw a nice restored Montgomery Ward conversion bring 15,000 at a estate sale a few years ago. I also saw a rusty pile of the remains of a tractor conversion bring 7500.00 at an old tractor/hit miss engine sale not long ago. So while 20,000 is too rich for me, it may not really be that crazy of a price . ???? The tractor conversions are very hard to find anymore .... Im lucky I bought mine back when they were still somewhat reasonable ...

Here is a pic of my Montgomery Ward conversion I bought for 400.00 and thought I got a very good deal ..

Here it is now, All I need to do to finish it up is mount the re-built rear end and re-bush the rear wheels. Then go plow the garden . :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Tillstrom 30 miles N of Memphis TN on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 09:35 pm:

Thanks for sharing that Bud. I really like seeing all the tractor conversions of the model T. I agree with you, too rich for me to have as a play toy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 10:02 pm:

To tell the truth Gary, i was shocked when i saw the picture! Close to 60 years ago i helped put up hay with a Shaw-Do All and i think the converson kit was a far better tractor than the do all?? Bud.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration