Recommendation(s) on T Insurance (OT?)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Recommendation(s) on T Insurance (OT?)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Emering on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 11:57 am:

My car is a driver and not a show car.
Any suggestions on who to go with for insurance?
I've looked at Hagerty, J.C. Taylor, and Grundy so far.
They all seem pretty similar to me.

Thanks for any advice/suggestions.

Gene

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 12:02 pm:

While it has limitations, I have mine thru Farmers. While it's not Farmers per say, it's thru a different company, Farmers takes care of the paper work and it help with my multi car discount. You might check your car insurance co and see what they offer and if it will help your bottom line.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Emering on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 12:05 pm:

My two family cars are with New Jersey Manufacturers, as is my house insurance.
NJM quoted me $900 a year and stated that they really don't insure antique cars.
I told them that their quote is 8 or 9 times higher than other companies.

Gene

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 12:17 pm:

I like Hagerty;
They will accept slightly modified antique cars (speedsters)
They offer agreed value coverage, doing away with appraisals every 5 years
However I have not personally filed a claim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 12:18 pm:

In previous insurance discussions a lot of people have bragged on Hagerty. So I looked into it and switched my 1915 runabout over from State Farm. That cut my yearly insurance expense on the car in half.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 12:21 pm:

Bummer! No experience with the others. If you don't get any reply's and I am sure you will repost on the 2018 forum. You could also do a google search
"mtfca; car insurance"
Some Co have age restrictions along with annual miles and where and how you can drive your car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Doris, AZ on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 12:24 pm:

Have had good luck with Hagerty as well.

As per Les, have never filed a claim so no experience there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 12:49 pm:

Several years back, I checked with my modern car insurance company about insuring my T. They would do it but without a agreed value. If it was totaled I might only get junk value. I now have 6 T's insured with Haggardy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gordon Drisko on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 01:27 pm:

I have 3 Model Ts, a Model A, and a Corvette all insured with Condon Skelly. Very reasonable price for year round 100% agreed upon coverage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 05:42 pm:

I like Hagerty. -I don't have to press 1 for English, nor talk to a robot who presents me with a layered push-button menu. -They have actual human beings answering the phone—and these people love collector-cars.

Hagerty encouraged me to get my teenage kid involved in the hobby and driving my car—not the sort of thing I'd expect to hear from a car insurance company.

This summer, when I had a flat tire, I phoned to take advantage of my towing coverage and Hagerty had a flat-bed at my location within forty-five minutes. -The tow operator had a set of velvet-covered chains because he specialized in collector cars (as per Hagerty's promise). -He treated my Model T like it was an egg. I don't have to press 1 for English, nor talk to a robot who presents me with a layered push-button menu. -They have actual human beings answering the phone—and these people love collector-cars.

Hagerty encouraged me to get my teenage kid involved in the hobby and driving my car—not the sort of thing I'd expect to hear from a car insurance company.

This summer, when I had a flat tire, I phoned to take advantage of my towing coverage and Hagerty had a flat-bed at my location within forty-five minutes. -The tow operator had a set of velvet-covered chains because he specialized in collector cars (as per Hagerty's promise). -He treated my Model T like it was an egg.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 05:43 pm:

(Sorry about the cut & paste mistake)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 06:21 pm:

I’ve had J C Taylor since 1986. Very happy with them.
Four cars covered with liability, at least two have some loss coverage.
Each car you add to the policy gets cheaper.
My 4th car, a 73 MGB, is costing me $27 a year for liability and more loss coverage than I could sell it for.
A friend has Hagerty.
They got rear ended by a semi a few years ago. Car was totaled, both were injured.
After Hagerty settled with them, and everybody was satisfied, Hagerty called a meeting and let them know they found out the early T touring was worth more than what they had originally settled for.
They ended up getting a good sized check over the first settlement.
That was more than just being right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 06:24 pm:

I’ve had J C Taylor since 1986. Very happy with them.
Four cars covered with liability, at least two have some loss coverage.
Each car you add to the policy gets cheaper.
My 4th car, a 73 MGB, is costing me $27 a year for liability and more loss coverage than I could sell it for.
A friend has Hagerty.
They got rear ended by a semi a few years ago. Car was totaled, both were injured.
After Hagerty settled with them, and everybody was satisfied, Hagerty called a meeting and let them know they found out the early T touring was worth more than what they had originally settled for.
They ended up getting a good sized check over the first settlement.
That was more than just being right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 06:41 pm:

I also have J.C Taylor (on 4 Ts) an am very happy with them. USAA will cover liability but not vehicle damage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dufault on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 07:51 pm:

Very IMPORTANT words from above (Mark)

Some Co have age restrictions along with annual miles and where and how you can drive your car.

Ask the Agent before you commit to a company.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 10:25 pm:

While you may not have kids at home; if there is an age restriction or if the driver has to have been driving for X number of years or have experience driving antique or vintage cars (not sure how that works if they cant be covered), or they have to be covered by that CO. Think about it this way, your grandkids would not be allowed to drive your cars. Seems to me one of the Co talked about in the past would not insure drivers under something like 21, by that age most have lost interest anyway. Get them while they are young! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brian korth on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 12:47 am:

have been with J.C. Taylor since 1971. currently have nine cars insured with them. never had a claim though .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 05:40 pm:

Haggerty.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fords Masterpiece . nj on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 06:02 pm:

Gene : im also in jersey and i think our "local guy" is the best deal , CONDON SKELLY . I got thru my agent that sells all others like Progressive etc . $100.00 (one hundred ) year or so .

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration