What a nice surprise

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: What a nice surprise
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 06:32 pm:

After a week of the flu ... and driving back and forth from Rochester to the Gloucester area for Christmas visiting ... I finally had the energy to go out to my little unheated garage and start Nellie. It was eight degrees real temperature out there and she started right up after hitting the six volt starter for about five seconds with some choke and the ignition set on magneto. I didnít want to drive anywhere .. still feel fragile breathing in such cold air .. but opened the garage door and let the engine flex itís muscles. Nice to know itíll be ready when I am. Eventually the temperature will swing back to reasonable numbers. Around freezing would be nice. :-]

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 08:03 pm:

I tried and tried and tried to start the '23 doodlebug today. Being on the opposite end of the state along I90, I know exactly what your talking about with the cold. I do not have a starter, and that oil had the consistency like mud--as it sits outside. I do have an auxiliary trans which helps as I can put it in neutral.

Once I did finally get it to fire via heating the intake with a small hand torch, and using starting fluid spray, it ran for about a minute and stopped. Turns out I turned a shut off valve off valves off for the fuel. And then I could not get it to run again for a while, trying desperately. Turns out it was out of gas by that point.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration