OT the years over, a new one is nearly here

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT the years over, a new one is nearly here
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 11:35 pm:

Itís been a very long year. Thereís been a few ups and some very significant downs. And, it appears itís all going to continue on for awhile.

Before I go any farther, I want to wish Stan Howe a happy birthday. I missed wishing everybody Merry Christmas. So I wanted to be sure I passed on the wishes for yíall to have a Happy New Year.

Itís been well below -20 degrees Fahrenheit for the last few days here and because of the holidays and cold weather, in a strange way, itís been a blessing. Weíre all somewhat forced to stay inside. However, the trips to the VA Medical Center for my dear friend still need to be made and recently my brother stopped by and let me know heís got cancer too.

So, time with my beautiful Model Tís seems to be so unattainable that they seldom enter my thoughts. And Iím not certain when Iíll be able to dedicate time to them again. After 6 years of dedicating nearly 100% of my attention to them they seem to be nothing more than a distant memory. Hopefully, by this next Spring, this can all change. Time will tell.

Iíve been silent on the forum for a few months but Iíve still been here. And as always Iíve enjoyed reading your posts. Iíve found it interesting that the more things change, the more they stay the same. Though new information constantly shows up on the forum, I notice the same subjects get recycled on a fairly continuous schedule. And coming back to the forum is like going back home. MMO, waterpumps, oil types and the legitimacy of OT posts continue to be hot buttons for all concerned. And I hope it never changes.

But now, itís 10:30 PM, I donít plan on being conscious for the start of the New Year and itís long past my bedtime.

So Happy New Year to everyone old and new on the forum. I hope the new year brings you good health, continued wealth and all the happiness you desire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, December 31, 2017 - 11:53 pm:

Same to you, Mike. Here's hoping the new year brings you more good things and some Model T time to enjoy. Bedtime here too. See you next year.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 12:11 am:

This appears to be the old-fart thread. I will also be asleep at midnight. Left daughter and son-in-law's house over an hour ago. All the best wishes to you, Mike, and I hope things take a turn for the better. Tomorrow is a new year....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Evan in Paso Robles on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 12:44 am:

Mike,

Glad to see you post. Been wondering how things have been going in your camp. I think that many of us share the feeling that we are glad to have 2017 in the rear-view mirror. I hope that for all of us that 2018 will be a good year full of blessing and peace.

Evan in Paso

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 09:09 am:

Yea,I must admit,there has been some things in 2017 I am glad are passed by.I am fortunate to be starting off the new year with the same health I had last year and a newer truck and my 83.5 year old dad is still kick starting his 58 Harley so things could be alot worse.
I have some issues I have to deal with that I don't talk about because it is kinda personal .But When I come here, I can forget all that for a while and laugh. Some of the pics posted on off topic are hilarious.
Thanks for putting up with me on here and I will try to behave in 2018, no promises.!:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 09:19 am:

Old fart here as well. Hit the sack by 10pm last night :-) Happy New Year to you Mike and to the other forum posters. The past is the past and always look towards the future :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 09:27 am:

Happy New year Mike, and all..... Minus 14 F here.... Good day for an open car ride. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 12:02 pm:

Found my favorite coffee mug this morning ('only' -10.3 F) to 'toast' the New Year. It nicely states: "I'd rather be an old fart than a young sh*thead!" Telling it straight....

Happy New Year to all, (and)
"Happy T-ing!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 06:45 pm:

Marv, Iím going to carve that quote somewhere thatíll give me a chance to see it every morning.

Mack, if I have my 2012 Softail Harley when Iím 83 years old, Iíll be happy to be able to simply push the start button. But if all I had was a Ď58 Panhead, you can bet Iíd do everything in my power to kick it over. I had a Ď52 Panhead about 40 years ago. It launched me several times before I learned how to set the spark and kick it over. Iíd give anything to have it sitting in the shed today.

Gosh, the memories! To be 27 years old again, and know what I know now. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 07:16 pm:

Yea,I was riding that 58 before I was born,literally. Moma was toting me in her belly, and for a while would still go for a ride with my dad.To this day anytime that thing is idling with the timing slightly retarded I get sleepy. I guess it is just a calming sound for me.

My dad rebuilt a 3 head block American sawmill back in 1976 and he used a DE Case power unit. He used the hand crank on it until about 5 years ago. Horse shoe pitching is taking it's toll on his shoulder so he put a battery on the thing to use the starter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, January 01, 2018 - 07:59 pm:

Best of the new year to you Mike.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration