TT Square Cab

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: TT Square Cab
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Knowles on Friday, October 16, 2009 - 09:13 pm:

Need close up pictures of the hinge mechanism for the top windshield. Also, how did this frame pivot? Just bought a very solid cab but this piece is missing. Also looking for the complete door handle mechanism for the driver's door. Is the '26-27 coupe top windshield frame similar? What about door handles?
Thanks
Colin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave_Sosnoski on Friday, October 16, 2009 - 09:53 pm:

If I remember correctly, the top windshield frame for the TT Closed Cab truck is actually similar to the 24 - 25 closed cars (Coupe, Tudor and Fordor). There is a piano hinge which is part of the upper frame which screws into the bottom of the windshield header. The difference is in the width. If you look at the glass specs, there is a difference of something like an inch in the width of the glass. There may actually be other differences because I just looked at the parts book and see that the upper and lower glass clips are a TT part number as well, so they are different from the cars. Not sure what that difference is.

The 26-27 Coupe's used a one piece windshield and the bottom was curved to match the curve of the cowl. Completely different windshield frame.

Dave S.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Scherzer on Friday, October 16, 2009 - 10:27 pm:

These first two pictures are 22 coupe and center door handles. On the outside the car and truck handles look a lot alike but the insides are different. The car handles are held in place by the escutcheon plate but with the TT its held by the inside door handle. Car handles were cast in aluminum and the TT were in zinc and they usually broke apart with age.

door handle
door handle

These are TT handles. The top is an original outside handle built up for casting and the bottom is a reproduced copy cast in aluminum and the reverse on the inside handles with the copy at the top and the original on the bottom. Bob
door handle

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Knowles on Saturday, October 17, 2009 - 05:37 am:

Thanks for the info so far. Is someone reproducing the door handles at this time? I will need one for sure.
The windshield frame is pretty square on the corners. I will probably make one of these. Still need pictures of the mechanisms on the side of the windshield. I have the pieces that are riveted to the side of the window "pillars" with the threaded stud. I assume it is some kind of slotted plate used to lock the windshield in place.
Thanks
Colin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Knowles on Saturday, October 17, 2009 - 05:47 am:

I see Lang's has the door handles in stock. Seems like more TT stuff is finally being produced.
Colin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Elkins on Saturday, October 17, 2009 - 06:19 am:

I'll get you some pictures later today of mine

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Knowles on Saturday, October 17, 2009 - 07:10 am:

Thanks Ray. I will put some pictures of the cab I bought next week. (Wife is away and I don't need to frig up the camera!)
Colin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny on Saturday, October 17, 2009 - 07:21 am:

If anyone has a source for the correct handles for a '22 Coupe I would be interested. Please contact me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Loso on Saturday, October 17, 2009 - 08:24 pm:

Here is the entire windshield hinge:

Here is the windshield slide/pivot

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Knowles on Saturday, October 17, 2009 - 08:33 pm:

Perfect Andy. That answers alot of questions.
Thanks for posting the pictures.
Colin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Berch on Saturday, October 17, 2009 - 08:57 pm:

Andy, Did the steel cab have any kind of a headliner?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Loso on Saturday, October 17, 2009 - 09:58 pm:

No, headliner. The top bows were put in, a piece of stretched fabric, the pad and then the vinyl.
I piece the piece of fabric could be considered a headliner, but it doesn't cover the roof bows as one would suspect.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By johnd on Monday, October 19, 2009 - 10:04 pm:

I have a used TT upper w.shield frame for sale, its missing about 2 1/2 in of the hinge on the drivers side, not rusted out 225.00 plus UPS, also have lots of used TT cab parts, hinges, top wood bow brackets, closed cab doors, new top wood kits etc. danuser88@socket.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Knowles on Tuesday, October 20, 2009 - 06:22 pm:

John,
I am looking more right now for a door latch for the driver's door. Someone must have needed it more than me at some point. I will keep the windshield in mind but the shipping will probably kill me to the east coast of Canada.
Thanks
Colin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By johnd on Tuesday, October 20, 2009 - 10:10 pm:

Colin I also have the (drivers) door latch, frozen ( locked) w/ 85 plus years of rust, yrs ago we used to take them apart when we restored my truck, but the fellow who did it is deceased, anyway we took it apart, sand blasted all the parts, remade some if needed, put in a new spring and closed it back up 100.00 plus postage to your country in U. S. $$

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Knowles on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 08:17 am:

Another question concerning the windshield arms. Were some of them straight or as pictured earlier in this post where they are long and angled about 35-40 degrees??
Thanks
Colin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Loso on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 11:54 am:

I have never seen any straight ones, but I have only had about 5 steel cabs in our possession over the years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phil Mino on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 12:38 pm:

T-17316ARX is the curved swing arm, used on the '25-6 TT closed cab. Also used on the '23-5 Fordor, '24-5 Coupe and '24-5 Tudor.

T-50214X is the straight swing arm. This was used on the later TT closed cabs as well as the '26-7 Tudor, Fordor and Coupe.

swing arm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Knowles on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 03:53 pm:

Thanks Phil. Question answered.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Knowles on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 08:56 pm:

C:\Users\Knowles\Pictures\2009-08-10
This is my first ever attempt at uploading...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Knowles on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 08:59 pm:

This is my first ever attempt at uploading...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Knowles on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 09:03 pm:

take three..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Knowles on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 09:09 pm:

Looks like I figured it out. This is the cab for my TT fresh from western Canada.
Chassis is almost complete.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 09:34 pm:

Colin I'm happy Phil Mino set us straight, as my 26 TT has been restored since 1976, and the past 3-4 TT's Ive parted and the one I have for sale now all have had straight w.shield pcs, like those I sent to you. Do you have the top windshield frame?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Knowles on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 09:41 pm:

Not yet John. On a budget as you can see the Tonka trucks in the background of the chassis! I will probably make one at the shop that will serve the purpose for a few years. Cab is stripped to bare metal now and ready for a few patches on the bottom of the doors and cowl. Other than that it is pretty solid.
Colin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Knowles on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 09:44 pm:

John,
Did the money order get there yet??
Colin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 12:11 am:

Yes thanks

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration