Miller's body wood plans

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Miller's body wood plans
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By richard wolf on Thursday, October 29, 2009 - 07:07 pm:

I have never seen a set of Miller's body wood plans, and was wondering if they were to scale or not?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Hap" (Harold) Tucker on Thursday, October 29, 2009 - 07:24 pm:

From memory, some of the parts were full scale size drawings if they would fit on the large size paper (a little larger than 4 times the size of an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper). Others appeared to be drawn to scale but of course a smaller size so they would fit on the paper. And some like the wood sills had the "lightening bolt" line that meant some of it was not shown on the paper. All of them had dimensions on them. And with paper plans you would normally not want to trace the actual size onto the wood because the paper itself could have shrunk.

Leon Parker has excellent wood plans for the open bodied cars 1914 to 1925 and perhaps for the 1926&27 also. He is working on the 1913 touring. His e-mail is listed on his profile at: http://www.mtfca.com/cgi-bin/discus/board-profile.cgi?action=view_profile&profil e=leon_parker-users

Mr. Miller was an exceptional supporter to our hobby until he became ill and sadly his plans are no longer readily available from his family.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap Tucker l915 Model T Ford touring cut off and made into a pickup truck and l907 Model S Runabout. Sumter SC.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leon Parker on Thursday, October 29, 2009 - 07:51 pm:

The prints are 18"x 24" and have full size drawings for the pillars,doors and small wood parts. The larger wood parts have all the measurements needed to make them. There are also some details on 8 1/2"x 11 paper to go with the prints. Remember Ford had about four or five venders making bodies so you have some different construction of the wood. Leon Parker

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Thursday, October 29, 2009 - 08:17 pm:

Leon's prints are great, glad he is making them.

As for the 'full size' templates, I had a set of Miller's for '24 touring, now incomplete as I 'used-up' the full size by cutting them out like paper dolls, and glued to the wood to cut.

Now I have leaned a better way from my big brother who makes hand line flying model aircraft.

You take the full size print to FedXKinkos and make copies, the cut out the copy, and with a spray bottle full of acetone, you lay the copy face up on the wood, spray a heavy coat of acetone to coat the paper, when you pull away you leave a transfer of the copy ink on the wood. Wonderful way to do that.....

Here is my brother's latest, has formed alum cowl, and the pilot is the Disney cartoon character 'Woody'.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration