Upload Photos button is missing?????

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Upload Photos button is missing?????
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 02:59 pm:

Now what?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 03:27 pm:

LOL.... What an improvement! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 03:33 pm:

Not only that but now the time is two hours off.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 03:35 pm:

test

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 03:40 pm:

You can still post a photo but you have to use the in-line "image" format. After you hit enter, then it comes back and asks you to upload the picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 03:41 pm:

Test

SK2202

Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 03:42 pm:

That was my mistake. I tried to include too big a file.
Photo
Ron

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 03:46 pm:

I don't get the prompts.

15 t

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 03:46 pm:

Photo post.
photo
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce Peterson on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 03:48 pm:

OK it works, but it is a pain compared to the text boxes. This is the way the old forum used to work. Its been several years and I forgot how bad it was!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 03:52 pm:

This is turning out like the new EBay releases--Fix one thing and loose three.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 03:53 pm:

I have only used the formatting rules method. What/where are "text boxes"?
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 03:55 pm:

There's also a delay in the picture showing up in the post. Royce, when I first refreshed the page your picture didn't show. It showed "Your Image Here". After my post at "3:52", the picture shows up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 04:03 pm:

Hey guys! Give Bruce a chance to get our Forum work better. It may be either a glimps or deliberately. I'm sure Bruce will explain if needed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 04:08 pm:

Ron, the CGI interface is missing. There used to be a box to the right of the "Preview/Post Message" to "Upload Attachment". It used to prompt for input in a pop-up window. That box is now missing. There must have been a script that wasn't implemented on THIS version. Probably due to the registration requirement. You used to be able to upload a photo before even typing a message or entering a username. That's gone now that you must be registered to post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 04:27 pm:

Ken
Boy, you can sure tell I live in Kentucky. I never even noticed and have always posted photos the hard way. I had bettered get back to digging out coil tar, I will be more at home there. Grin
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Rice on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 04:36 pm:

Blue?!?
testing out how to upload photo
Testing out Ford T-bird Pyramid Logo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phil Mino on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 04:59 pm:

test

Jane drives -2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Hap" (Harold) Tucker on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 06:05 pm:

For those of us that are a little more computer challenged, type your posting and then type "a back slash" followed by the words "image{my picture or anything else you want to type there – it will be replaced -- ok keep it civil just in case it is not replaced}" leave off the quote marks.

Finish your comments and typing and then hit “post”

It will come back and ask you if you want to browse to the file – then you can browse to where the file is that you want to upload.

Further details are located at:
http://www.mtfca.com/cgi-bin/discus/discus.cgi?pg=formatting#images
scroll down to the image posting

Note that the "Your Image Here" graphic is replaced by the image file that you upload.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap Tucker l915 Model T Ford touring cut off and made into a pickup truck and l907 Model S Runabout. Sumter SC.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 06:12 pm:

test/image

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 06:13 pm:

Hap,didn't work?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 06:15 pm:

Test
testimage

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 06:19 pm:

Thanks Guys. I think it's a small price to pay not to get the idiot's spam.

Steven

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 06:35 pm:

Jack
I struggled with that method of posting photos for a long time. Not knowing the easy method, that no longer exists, I did is so may times the hard way it became rote. You have to have the format exactly correct and the backslash cannot be the first character on a new line.
Click on the formatting icon at the top of this page and read the appropriate section including the "common mistakes" at the bottom. It is really easy after you get the hang of it.
photo
Ron the Coilman
p.s. See you tomorrow. Any truth to the rumor Condor is passing around that your buying lunch?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenny Edmondson on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 06:36 pm:

Test. Finished this one a few weeks ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenny Edmondson on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 06:44 pm:

Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Fordor HCCT\Fordor HCCT 028 (Small).jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenny Edmondson on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 06:46 pm:

Image{C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Fordor HCCT\Fordor HCCT 028 (Small).jpg}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenny Edmondson on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 06:50 pm:

Test again HCCT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 07:12 pm:

Ron, if it snows,I'll buy lunch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 07:34 pm:

Jack
It was 70 degrees in Nicholasville today. I'll plan on buying my own lunch tomorrow.
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 08:04 pm:

Wise choice grasshopper. Dan has yet to learn not to mess with old crippled dogs.(G)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Norton on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 08:31 pm:

Test

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 08:44 pm:

Picture test /image{picture here}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 08:48 pm:

Dan, use a back slash \ not a forward slash /

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 08:53 pm:

Ok here is with backward \ slash....I never use that button before :-(

picture test picture here

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 09:11 pm:

And now you have! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 09:17 pm:

Ah so, think I have it....still harder to do than the 'window'. Have to think twice how to post pics now...oh well. No spammers is good.

Thought you might wonder what this pic was, its the detail of the paint stripping on the Autowa bodied T. The car was supposed to have 'original' paint, but no, that blue green brush on paint was done sometime ago, picture the real paint is hiding under it.
The scheme is gloss black on all the running sheet metal, and a deep maroon on the body. I'll be bringing the black to the fenders, but using a deep olive green on the body.picture Body with fenders gone, going to the sandblaster tomorrow to get them stripped.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 09:18 pm:

2nd try test\image

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 09:26 pm:

Glad you cleared that up Dan. I though you were showing us a satellite view of Earth. :-)

Jack, the format is: Backslash,Image Literal,Open Bracket,Text for picture description,Closed Bracket. After you press enter, it will come back and ask for the file on your computer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 09:27 pm:

Jack, gotta use the format \image{name} - then you will be prompted for the image name when you go to post, and you can browse for it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 09:28 pm:

Here is the pile of sheet metal for the sand blaster.image here

Will have to do a little wire welding to the front fenders, one splash apron, and only one rear fender will need a bit of body filler, otherwise pretty good shape. The hood is real nice, not dinged or dented. I already rubbed the hinge rods with 'Slip Plate' graphite paint (the spring leaf lube stuff), you let it dry overnight, then buff it.

The hinge rods don't rust with this stuff on them, and have graphite lube on them, easy to install after the hood is painted, and the hood lifts and closes easy as pie.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Hap" (Harold) Tucker on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 09:53 pm:

Test post

anything you want to type inside those brackets

sample

sample2

sample3

sample4

Respectfully submitted,

Hap Tucker l915 Model T Ford tourind cut off and made into a pickup truck and l907 Model S Runabout. Sumter SC.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 10:07 pm:

Thanks guys.Maybe I'll try again sometime. It's frustrating to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Hap" (Harold) Tucker on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 10:29 pm:

There are probably several ways that will work for posting a picture. Below is one that I just did so I could do some screen captures and show you what it looked like on my screen. I’m not a computer person – so this is probably not the most efficient way to do things – but is offered as one way to post a photo.

Start a normal thread. Type what you want.

When and where you want a photo to appear you need to type a “backslash” then type the word “image{any name you want}” as shown below. That is the same picture as above but the print of what and how to type is larger so I can see it.

Once you are done with all your typing and inserting the “backslash-image{some name} then click on “Preview/Post Message” and it give you the screen below:

You will NOT see the photos yet. But check your text to see if it says what you want. If the text is ok then click on “Post this Message” and it gives you the next screen:

Notice there is a “Browse” for each place you typed that “backslash-image{some name}” Click on the “Browse” button next to the box. Go to the file where you have the image you want to post. Below is where I stored the images for this posting. A lot of folks put them on the desktop so they are easy to find. It doesn’t matter where they are – you will browse to them.

In this case I double clicked on the file above called “01 how to post” and it populated the first window. I could have put any picture in any window. I used numbers because I want to keep them straight and I will not be able to see them before I post the message.

Below is a zoomed in version that is easier to read:

Below I have uploaded all the “browse” boxes with the picture I wanted (or at least I hope I did).

Again zoomed in for those of us that like larger print:

Now I click on the “UPLOAD” button and it will all be posted – pictures and text.

Hopefully it worked. I’m sure it will only be a temporary work around and Bruce and others will make it easier in the future. My browser is internet explorer it may be different for other brands.

And if anyone wants to try it out I recommend using body numbers… ok sorry about that.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap Tucker l915 Model T Ford touring cut off and made into a pickup truck and l907 Model S Runabout. Sumter SC.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 10:55 pm:

IMG_2639_2_2.JPG

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 11:02 pm:

I'm amazed that I got a picture up on the first attempt. It's going to take some practice to get used to this.
IMG_2675_2.JPG

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 11:12 pm:

Can I make it work too?

my picture or anything else you want to type there – it will be replaced -- ok keep it civil just in case it is not replaced

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 11:16 pm:

Great.I knew as soon as change started it wouldnt be good.Now the forum is much harder to use.This is the 1 forum that was easy to use and alot of good people here.

This just leaves me wondering what is going to get screwed up next.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR. on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 11:22 pm:

Chill, Mack -- Give the guys some time to get things worked out. It'll all be fine again in a short time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 11:29 pm:

Hi Mack - I sympathise with you 100%

If the world did not have spammers and other delinquents life would be much more simple in so many other ways as well.

Remember when you were able to go up to the departure gate and wave off family on their overseas flights? or being able to check in and fly off only by smiling and showing your passport to a pleasant chap at the gate?

Anyway, take heart - if I can master this new posting I sure anyone else can too!

Cheers
Adrian

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 11:31 pm:

How is this for a happy spammer?

d

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 11:35 pm:

I aint gona lie about it,I flew off the handle a bit quick.It just seems like nothing can be left alone that works any more.There is allways a crook in the mix that messes up things.They had to take action to stop the spam.Yet the spammer is sitting back laughing because WE are paying for his actions.
I am still of the opionion that is it is that cussed jerk that was makeing problems months ago.Or someone helping him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 11:47 pm:

Mack, I think the spam was caused automatically and that the spammer may not even be aware that he can't spam us any more. He probably spams so many accessible sites that one more or less doesn't matter to him. We, on the other hand, can relax and enjoy our forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 11:57 pm:

Dick,

You may be right that he does not know, but I would still like to meet him in a dark alley while I had a hickory axe handle.............he might not like the way that I would spam him. LOL

Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, November 09, 2009 - 12:04 am:

Paul, I'm not normally a violent person, but I'd be happy to join you.... Thwack!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska on Monday, November 09, 2009 - 12:10 am:

Dick,

I bet we could sell tickets to it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Monday, November 09, 2009 - 12:18 am:

Here is the stick I'd use pci here

and a close up of the legend :-) pci here

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Naquin on Monday, November 09, 2009 - 12:23 am:

Test

T's at the Donut Shop this morning

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Chantrell - Adelaide, Australia on Monday, November 09, 2009 - 05:08 am:

test 1911 end

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann on Monday, November 09, 2009 - 05:18 am:

OK - I will have to try it out also:
Me and my Ford

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Monday, November 09, 2009 - 08:12 am:

Great license plate. The owner is no doubt in the market for front brakes.

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Bowen (Aust.) on Monday, November 09, 2009 - 08:28 am:

Test test

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Bowen (Aust.) on Monday, November 09, 2009 - 08:32 am:

OK figured it out.
Thanks Hap.
Regards
Colin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ken parker on Monday, November 09, 2009 - 09:29 am:

Test
A test for me

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Helinski on Monday, November 09, 2009 - 12:51 pm:

Test message
picture1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Helinski on Monday, November 09, 2009 - 01:04 pm:

Test message.
By the way, as long as I'm test posting pictures.
Are these wheels Model T or A. My dad had these laying around at the cottage. There is also a back half of a 26 tudor, that's why I'm wondering. I'm guessing they are Model A by the size of the hubs but I'm not sure.

picture1

picture2

picture3

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Helinski on Monday, November 09, 2009 - 01:05 pm:

Test message.
By the way, as long as I'm test posting pictures.
Are these wheels Model T or A? My dad had these laying around at the cottage. There is also a back half of a 26 tudor, that's why I'm wondering. I'm guessing they are Model A by the size of the hubs but I'm not sure.

picture1

picture2

picture3

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DAREL J. LEIPOLD on Monday, November 09, 2009 - 01:25 pm:

here is a test mypicture

I have an IMAC with Snowleopard. Browser does not appear. Can I down load something, or do us Mac user now can not post pictures?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DAREL J. LEIPOLD on Monday, November 09, 2009 - 01:29 pm:

I will try again
mypicture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DAREL J. LEIPOLD on Monday, November 09, 2009 - 01:34 pm:

The picture is of an original 1909 number 9267.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Monday, November 09, 2009 - 01:37 pm:

test

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Monday, November 09, 2009 - 01:52 pm:

\image

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Monday, November 09, 2009 - 01:56 pm:

test again
beater

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, November 09, 2009 - 01:59 pm:

Jay, you have to add something inside curly brackets, e.g. \image{text}

Then you will be prompted for a file name for the picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Stinson on Monday, November 09, 2009 - 02:39 pm:

test

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Byrne on Monday, November 09, 2009 - 02:57 pm:

Test

C:\Documents and Settings\Roger Byrne\My Documents\My Pictures\Model T info\post 003.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Byrne on Monday, November 09, 2009 - 03:04 pm:

Test. . . . I guess I've got it figured out.

mtca photo test

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Byrne on Monday, November 09, 2009 - 03:08 pm:

Test. . . . I guess I've got it figured out.

mtca photo test

mtfca

mtfca

mtfca

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DAREL J. LEIPOLD on Monday, November 09, 2009 - 03:10 pm:

Roger, what a beautiful example of a 1911 open roadster. What color? Black or dark blue. The wheels seem to be dark blue. Does it have an open valve engine block?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Byrne on Monday, November 09, 2009 - 03:18 pm:

Darel, the car is "Midnight Blue" but the day I took the photos it was very overcast and that makes the car look black in the photos. On a good sunny day it's a beautiful dark deep blue. It has a 1912 engine in it with late 1912 rear-end. The rest of the chassis is correct.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Byrne on Monday, November 09, 2009 - 05:04 pm:

See if I can get it right in one try?

mftca

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael K Johnson on Monday, November 09, 2009 - 05:16 pm:

I thought I would try again: in the dark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael K Johnson on Monday, November 09, 2009 - 05:19 pm:

I wonder if it works for color photos: favorite dog

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf on Monday, November 09, 2009 - 05:32 pm:

I've got to get some of those for my dog.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann on Monday, November 09, 2009 - 06:03 pm:

There isn't anything that bad, that it isn't good for something: What a sweet line of awesome pictures we got here!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L. Vanderburg on Monday, November 09, 2009 - 06:19 pm:

That has got to be the whitest mat I have ever seen!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Hap" (Harold) Tucker on Monday, November 09, 2009 - 06:28 pm:

For Kevin,

Yes, the picture of the wheels you posted appear to be 1928-1928 21 inch Model A Ford wheels and NOT the 1926-27 Model T Ford wheels that you posted the picture of. There is a slim chance they are the early 1928 AR -- but probably the 1928-1929 standard wheels.

Respectfully submitted,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale L Myers on Monday, November 09, 2009 - 10:29 pm:

This may be my grandfather
steamer 01

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa in Poulsbo, WA on Tuesday, November 10, 2009 - 12:51 am:

OK, here is my photo ...

Be_Zero_Be

My Meter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa in Poulsbo, WA on Tuesday, November 10, 2009 - 12:53 am:

P.S.

Thanks Hap.

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Tuesday, November 10, 2009 - 01:19 am:

As long as we're doing offbeat pix:

cheers

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Skinner on Wednesday, November 11, 2009 - 08:01 am:

test1911 RHD Hogshead

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Skinner on Wednesday, November 11, 2009 - 08:05 am:

hey it almost worked. I opened about five pix, but only one came up. Heaven knows why. I'll have another go.. Thanks, Hap for your advice on this matter. I WILL beat it!!
David

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Skinner on Wednesday, November 11, 2009 - 08:07 am:

let's try to post the pix of my RHD 1911 Hogshead again. Bear with me, folks.
David1911 RHD Hogshead

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Skinner on Wednesday, November 11, 2009 - 08:10 am:

I think I'm getting the hang of it. Let's try putting up all several of the photos.
David1911 RHD Hogshead

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Wednesday, November 11, 2009 - 04:22 pm:

post \image (name)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Wednesday, November 11, 2009 - 04:23 pm:

post\image IMOO1086

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Wednesday, November 11, 2009 - 04:25 pm:

Evidently it will not allow you to retrive pictures from your picture files?? I would like to know why we had to loose the old way and what threat it posed to the forum?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Berch on Wednesday, November 11, 2009 - 04:30 pm:

Jack, I had the same problem. you have to actually have to use these curly brackets {image} I had a heck of a time finding them on my key board.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Wednesday, November 11, 2009 - 05:41 pm:

postIMOO1086

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Wednesday, November 11, 2009 - 05:43 pm:

Well,thanks. I'm looking for another one of these carbs. Anyone have one?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf on Wednesday, November 11, 2009 - 05:54 pm:

Now, that's interesting. I just found that the two pictures I posted above on Sunday disappeared, and were replaced by their browse locations. BUT when I clicked the reload button, they reappeared.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris on Wednesday, November 11, 2009 - 07:58 pm:

22 O K I got the Your image here box and clicked on it. Then got the command to go to my pictures. Under my pictures did not get a command to select. Did get a command to open but nothing to transfer to the web site. So I looked at my picture all bright and pretty but with no place for it to go.

The old way was simple but I need detailed step by step instructions written at eighth grade level for this new multi-step system. I am not getting any prompt commands and it is just a hole for things to all into they way it is. I read the instructions over and over and it does not simply jump in as explained. I can fly an airplane and run the radios but this is a lost cause.

Lets go back to the simple one click thingie.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris on Wednesday, November 11, 2009 - 08:13 pm:

O K. now that is a dirty trick. After I complained and wrote the above message and posted it, a window finally opened up asking for my image. How do you get the image request window to appear without first sending a nasty comment and then getting the pop-up window to come long after the request ? It took five minutes for it to come up. Is this another part of the announced "change" we have been promiced ? I am afraid to type the backslash image {} and then wait for the pop up to eventually come only after I quit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Wednesday, November 11, 2009 - 08:25 pm:

Frank

Me too. The help pages that Hap posted will maybe get you thru the process. But it is way backward step from the 'non registered' forum method. With the former way I could open easy my pics and then upload, then recheck to be sure I had the right photos, re-look at the draft..etc....and only then finally 'Post' the thread.

Now all is lost, you can't review, and if you also hit 'Cancel' after you changed your mind and decided not to upload a certain picture, well....the dang system 'Posts' it anyway. That happened to me yesterday.

Maybe Bruce can get someone to assist in going back to the window upload like it used to be. I like the no spammers.....but miss posting pictures the way it was. For me I'll just pass on uploading any pictures till the system can return to the former fast upload and easy edit.

Dan , not liking the /image{stuff} :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn on Wednesday, November 11, 2009 - 10:45 pm:

Test

sample

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Hap" (Harold) Tucker on Wednesday, November 11, 2009 - 11:06 pm:

Frank,

I had to go back and read the directions again also so I could post. The good news it will only be temporary until Bruce will provide an easier way. Until then -- an additional thing I think I have observed. You may have to have the photo on your hard drive rather than on a web site somewhere. I haven't tested that -- but one of the posting I saw gave the link to the web site rather than posting the photo.

If you are like me -- it is hard to see the directions. I often use the "percentage" increase button to make things where I can read them easier.

Again thanks to everyone for being patient while Bruce works this. I'm sure he will have a much easier way soon.

Respectfully submitted,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush on Wednesday, November 11, 2009 - 11:42 pm:

picture 1303

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush on Wednesday, November 11, 2009 - 11:46 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Wednesday, November 11, 2009 - 11:47 pm:

Mark, Those are neat solid tires.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush on Wednesday, November 11, 2009 - 11:54 pm:

Thanks Jay. Wish I still had the truck. It was my first real Model T. It did have rockies of some sort on the back. Think it was a 1917 or 18. This was just a test, now I remember how to do the photo up load :-).
Oh the last photo is a....? I do know what it is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Berch on Wednesday, November 11, 2009 - 11:56 pm:

Very neat, not to mention that beautiful Microbus in the background.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf on Thursday, November 12, 2009 - 12:08 am:

You never have to check your pressure with those tires. They always have the same amount of air in them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Thursday, November 12, 2009 - 12:09 am:

Does the valve lifter hook have numbers on it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush on Thursday, November 12, 2009 - 01:13 am:

John; that microbus took me on a lot of great trips. Have to say it was not much faster then a T going up Mt Hood :-)
Steve; unless you check the squish in the round holes that go through the sidewall.
Jack; I do not recall ever seeing a number on the hook.
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Shirley on Thursday, November 12, 2009 - 03:02 am:

sample

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Floyd Ray Harper on Thursday, November 12, 2009 - 07:58 am:

test Post
sample

Test
Donot Work

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grady Puryear on Thursday, November 12, 2009 - 09:20 am:

I am in the same boat as Messrs. Harris and Treace and find that I will have to refrain from any more attempts to post pictures. I too liked the old way and had gotten familiar enough with it that it was a pleasure to use. It appears that the spammers have won this one, much as the terrorists did on 9-11, and we are the ones to suffer for it, flown lately? I sincerely appreciate all that those in power here are doing/did to solve the spammer problem, it is a thankless task. We have a Pearl Harbor survivor here, a good friend, he has some very interesting stories to tell of that morning, radar images and ignored (?) messages. It was sad to read of the meager turn outs for the various Parades, seems that is the way we are going

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevin Gough on Thursday, November 12, 2009 - 11:09 am:

Test

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Thursday, November 12, 2009 - 11:29 am:

For those of us older folks that are having problems posting pictures I would suggest getting a young "computers are my world" person to read the instructions for posting pictures and walk you through it a few times. Once someone shows you how its done,In person,you will see how easy it is. Being shown is so much easier then being told what to do in writting or verbally.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Thursday, November 12, 2009 - 11:39 am:

Red is my favorite car color
My Car

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris on Thursday, November 12, 2009 - 01:13 pm:

Jay in Northern California : As a retired Technical Writer I disagree with you 100 percent. It should be a simple step by step process. If one is given the steps and one's computer can accept those steps with the programming it contains, it should work.

I do the backslash and proper word and bracket but do not get the prompt to select when attempting to post until after I fail. then it comes up and will not go away. I now have a permanent window on my desktop screen asking me to post. I click on it and my proposed picture comes up on my desk top. That is not what the directions say will happen.

Now I have a permanent box on my screen that says YOUR IMAGE HERE. IT WILL NOT GO AWAY. WHEN I TURNED ON MY COMPUTER THIS MORNING UP IT CAME THE VERY FIRST THING, TALK ABOUT SPAM, IT COMES FROM WITHIN THIS SITE and is worse than the SPAMMERS.

Perhaps the current programming for posting is not compatible with M S Windows XP and the service packs through 3.

You stated that we, the unwashed should seek assistance. My son the D.B. A. could not post and could not make the YOUR IMAGE HERE box go away. He told me to go away from this site until it is fixed. It is not worth the bother. Perhaps those of you that are successful have Windows 98 or Vista or perhaps Apples or Oranges. Cheers !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Thursday, November 12, 2009 - 01:31 pm:

I am using XP 3 with all the updates.

Left

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem on Thursday, November 12, 2009 - 01:40 pm:

test image 0c_1_edited

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem on Thursday, November 12, 2009 - 01:42 pm:

Test a

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem on Thursday, November 12, 2009 - 01:43 pm:

Works, but I hate it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Berch on Thursday, November 12, 2009 - 02:58 pm:

I did it once after several tries but I Know I couldn't do it again without going over Hap's instructions. I was just getting comfortable with the other method. Does anyone know if the photo posting process can be made a little more like it was without compromising security? I do love those photos and hope everyone continues to post them to this great forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Rosenkrans on Thursday, November 12, 2009 - 03:20 pm:

test

sample

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Thursday, November 12, 2009 - 03:39 pm:

The more you use it, the easier it is:

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Norton on Thursday, November 12, 2009 - 08:54 pm:

Test
{Ford Script font}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Norton on Thursday, November 12, 2009 - 08:55 pm:

Test
Ford Script font

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Jeffrey Cole on Thursday, November 12, 2009 - 10:01 pm:

Jay,Me wants the speedster you posted!
that bear cant even reach the pedals,so he dont need it!:>)
As for the changes,I was wondering if a new way of securing the site was in the works and would the photo posting become easyer as a result?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Floyd Ray Harper on Thursday, November 12, 2009 - 10:06 pm:

Have not got it to work. Go back to old way.
Ray
sample

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Floyd Ray Harper on Thursday, November 12, 2009 - 10:08 pm:

Got it to work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Friday, November 13, 2009 - 12:45 pm:

My talent's are not with a self taught PC as with many others I am sure so if there might be interest in a picture a private mail will work.

Last week my watchmaker friend was robbed of a forty five year collection of repair parts,and hundreds of clocks. The robber over looked a camera hidden in a clock. Now with positive ID he will go to jail!! To bad we cant do that with the PC thief's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Seager on Friday, November 13, 2009 - 12:57 pm:

I was struggling with the photo thing. I used the wrong slash I finally got it to work. Mike
photo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Friday, November 13, 2009 - 04:14 pm:

disc brake test

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Friday, November 13, 2009 - 04:37 pm:

Guess if I can do it anyone can! 11 3/4 Honda rotor tig fusion welded to a new small drum

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By karl v schlachter on Friday, November 13, 2009 - 04:55 pm:

test

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel Keefer on Friday, November 13, 2009 - 06:29 pm:

Let's see if I can do it?
Test first try

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel Keefer on Friday, November 13, 2009 - 06:31 pm:

However, I might want to post several pix. I only got one chance. How do I get multiples.

Help,
Noel
help

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson on Friday, November 13, 2009 - 07:38 pm:

Noel
Enter (backslash image{blah, blah & Blah})sans this () multiple times and you can post multiple photos.
one
two
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey on Saturday, November 14, 2009 - 02:29 am:

My 26 touring

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevin Gough on Sunday, November 15, 2009 - 05:08 am:

your image here

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevin Gough on Sunday, November 15, 2009 - 05:13 am:

your image here

test

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bill leahy on Monday, November 16, 2009 - 01:34 pm:

{image{IMG_2095_5[1] }

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bill leahy on Monday, November 16, 2009 - 01:36 pm:

image{IMG_2095_5[1] }

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bill leahy on Monday, November 16, 2009 - 01:40 pm:

IMG_2095_5[1]

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bill leahy on Monday, November 16, 2009 - 01:54 pm:

the third time was a charm. glad it wasn't three on a match.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann on Monday, November 16, 2009 - 01:56 pm:

Bill - what licenseplate is that?
What does the H in the circle mean?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick - (2) '26's - Bartow, FL on Monday, November 16, 2009 - 02:07 pm:

Model T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bill leahy on Monday, November 16, 2009 - 03:14 pm:

michael,

the plate is an 1908 ohio. the 1909 plates had 5 numbers. the '08 plates were the first state issued plates in ohio and are rather rare ie. $$$$.

bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bill leahy on Monday, November 16, 2009 - 03:20 pm:

IMG_2095_5[1]

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann on Monday, November 16, 2009 - 04:18 pm:

Bill, so the H in an O is a symbol for Ohio?
(O-H-In an O?)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, November 16, 2009 - 04:24 pm:

Michael, all states now have two-letter abbreviations. In the Model T days, they were two to four-letter abbreviations. I believe that "OH" has always been Ohio.

The M's are the confusing ones - they are Maine (ME), Maryland (MD), Massachusetts (MA), Michigan (MI), Minnesota (MN), Mississippi (MS), Missouri (MO), and Montana (MT). :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan C on Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 11:20 am:

It seems this is the place to test the picture thing. Here goes. me&T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Decker on Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 12:54 pm:

picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Decker on Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 01:03 pm:

Question: How can you put in your text after you preview your picture(s)? At what point before actually posting??
Thanks
Harvey ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul griesse on Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 01:30 pm:

my picturesmy pictures

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herve Cedric on Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 02:00 pm:

test

european drop frame axle

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bill leahy on Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 04:46 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G. B. Blackmon on Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 05:01 pm:

test

kamerkar

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bender on Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 09:26 pm:

1913 photo test plowing

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bender on Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 09:29 pm:

Test 2 sorry 1913

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bender on Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 09:31 pm:

one more time I think I got it test

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Hap" (Harold) Tucker on Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 09:38 pm:

Harvey,

I haven't figured out a way to "preview the post" with the pictures in there. To judge the size of the photos so I don't make them too wide or too thin, I paste them into my Microsoft Word document and make sure they don't go past the margin. Not a sophisticated way to measure the photo -- but it gets it into the ball park.

I’m sure Bruce will have the picture posting procedures improved in the future and that our current system will be a short term work around.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap Tucker l9l5 Model T Ford touring cut off and made into a pickup truck and l907 Model S Runabout. Sumter SC.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Scherzer on Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 12:42 pm:

test

any

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Scherzer on Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 12:50 pm:

test

any

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Scherzer on Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 12:52 pm:

keyboard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Olivier CHABANNE on Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 04:18 pm:

test

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Shedrow on Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 05:49 pm:

test\image

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Shedrow on Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 06:08 pm:

sample 1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bill leahy on Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 06:09 pm:

\image[1909]

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bill leahy on Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 06:11 pm:

Text description

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bill leahy on Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 06:19 pm:

previous images were too big.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bill leahy on Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 06:23 pm:

previous images were too big.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Shedrow on Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 06:24 pm:

sample

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Shedrow on Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 06:38 pm:

give me a second guys I am trying to get this with my 17 year old daughter on how to get this and resizing my pix
sample

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 06:42 pm:

But, Dennis, you posted two pics that came out fine....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Shedrow on Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 06:44 pm:

Yea Dick but my daughter did them and I am trying to fly solo on my own with the last one

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Shedrow on Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 06:50 pm:

sample

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Shedrow on Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 07:20 pm:

smilies%20(135)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Decker on Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 08:20 pm:

Hap, thanks for the reply.

Harvey .....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris on Thursday, November 19, 2009 - 01:25 am:

test\image(13T)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George on Thursday, November 19, 2009 - 02:44 am:

Silly me, I'm sitting here thinking I can do it....

But who knows?

file

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Decker on Thursday, November 19, 2009 - 10:33 am:

Checking to see if the boy's still worktest

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, November 19, 2009 - 10:41 am:

Wow! At 186 (187 with this one) messages, this may set a record for longest thread...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given on Thursday, November 19, 2009 - 05:44 pm:

Just a test

C:\Documents and Settings\a0gmlzz\My Documents\My Pictures\1926 T Runabout\T Mix V3.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris on Thursday, November 19, 2009 - 10:38 pm:

This is a shot of my 1913 Speedster project. Now with new lights
13T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ward Sherwood on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 02:02 pm:

Test

testpic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Lawthers on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 07:53 pm:

Testme and madi

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend, Gresham, Orygun on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 12:26 am:

You Harris boys have a thing about 1913 Model T's with all brass lights... (grin)

Looks great, Bill!

; ^ )

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 01:34 am:

test for me{}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Augustinovich on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 12:33 pm:

garage

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 06:06 pm:

Steve,good shot of the Wallace Model T garage. The little 15 roadster on the left is one of the bodies I built when going through chemo. It is one neat little truck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 06:20 pm:

Hey! I've been there!

.pic1

.pic2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 07:37 pm:

Dick,the bottom photo is Evan Cork's shop,just across the street. The TT truck is the one with the Waukesha engine and tranny in it. Much more signage has been added to the left wall. We're having our next meeting there Saturday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 07:40 pm:

Jack, as I look at the two pictures of the Wallace garage above, I think they must have been taken on the same day during the 2008 Indiana Covered Bridge Tour. Either that, or that truck never moves.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 08:23 pm:

Here is another attempt{image}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 08:26 pm:

OOOOOOOOHHH try againpictur of day

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 08:27 pm:

Now I get it.........shot o day

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Hoffman on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 09:07 pm:

Looks like everybody finally got those stupid computers to cooperate.......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob wood on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 09:19 pm:

test
file

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Augustinovich on Tuesday, December 01, 2009 - 11:16 am:

image{Wallace Garage}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Augustinovich on Tuesday, December 01, 2009 - 11:18 am:

image{Wallace Garage}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey on Tuesday, December 01, 2009 - 01:08 pm:

Everybody that is posting pictures finally got those stupid computers to cooperate.
I for one have just accepeted the fact that I can't do it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Olivier CHABANNE on Tuesday, December 01, 2009 - 04:26 pm:

Photo1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Olivier CHABANNE on Tuesday, December 01, 2009 - 04:29 pm:

pho

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Bond on Wednesday, December 02, 2009 - 02:25 pm:

Lets see if this works test

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Mullin on Wednesday, December 02, 2009 - 07:45 pm:

Steve,

You need the \ character in front of the left hand curly brace: \image{Wallace Garage}. Then you should be good. Remember, no spaces in the slash - command - left brace area. OK between the braces except in a URL for a Link.

Tom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Bond on Wednesday, December 02, 2009 - 07:46 pm:

Ok got that one to work but nothing else. Getting an error message that says photos are too large and I should resize them. Checked the photos and according to what I see they are below the cut-off so not sure whatzup. Any suggestions? This sure is getting difficult!
Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Wednesday, December 02, 2009 - 07:50 pm:

Terry, the cutoff is technically 200k, but I seem to recall from former times that anything approaching that was too big. I generally resize pictures for posting down to under 100k. They're plenty big enough on the forum at that size.

Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Bond on Wednesday, December 02, 2009 - 07:55 pm:

Ok, is there an easy way to resize them or do I need some special photo editing software?
thanks for the quick reply,
Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John W,Coward Sr on Wednesday, December 02, 2009 - 07:58 pm:

Terry,

Try posting the same post card that you alread posted a couple of times in a row. That way you know the size is ok. (I'm still not really sure how to read the size sometimes, but once I get the photo to work -- I save that one for posting the next time it will be helpful.)

I have not had any problems with the multiple postings so far. I usually start on a new line with my backslash-etc and I skip a line between them. But I will try posting with just running them together with only a space between them and see if that works or not.

1 2 3

Respectfully submitted,

Hap Tucker l9l5 Model T Ford touring cut off and made into a pickup truck and l907 Model S Runabout. Sumter SC.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman on Wednesday, December 02, 2009 - 08:00 pm:

Terry, if using Windows you can get a resizer program from Microsoft (for free) that plugs into Windows and lets you resize by selecting pictures, 'right click' then choose 'resize'.
Real easy to install and use, just can recall the web link to Microsoft to down load it...
Cheers

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John W,Coward Sr on Wednesday, December 02, 2009 - 08:03 pm:

Terry,

Even putting them all on the same line with a single space between them worked ok. I think they look better when I put the on a new line so they are all on the left side -- but they still post. Again -- give it a try with some known "these posted" pictures and see what it does.

Respectfully submitted,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Bond on Wednesday, December 02, 2009 - 08:03 pm:

Thanks much-will download the MS stuff. Bet you guys are pretty good at working on Ts too!
Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Augustinovich on Wednesday, December 02, 2009 - 08:49 pm:

Wallace Garage

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barry W. Fowler on Sunday, December 13, 2009 - 12:38 am:

\image (test)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barry W. Fowler on Sunday, December 13, 2009 - 12:45 am:

test

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard G Goelz on Sunday, December 13, 2009 - 11:24 am:

Barry, use the brackets between the P and \ key. use shift .
Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel Keefer on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 12:12 am:

test

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Martel on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 12:40 am:

name

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration