TT Ruckstell diagram and parts supplier

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: TT Ruckstell diagram and parts supplier
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gavin Long on Friday, November 13, 2009 - 09:51 am:

Does anyone have a copy of a TT Ruckstell diagram/drawing and parts list they could send to me?My Ruckstell is incomplete and I am at a loss to know what is missing.
Does anyone know where I can find a supplier of new Sun gears and any other items I may need?
Adrian from NZ has helped me with the worm and wheel
and they have been ordered.Thanks Adrian.
Thankyou,
Gavin.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Friday, November 13, 2009 - 10:48 am:

Gavin I might be able to help on some parts as I have used and some NOS TT Ruxstell parts danuser88@socket.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Ducharme on Friday, November 13, 2009 - 12:59 pm:

Chaffin garage makes all the parts, give them a call.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Friday, November 13, 2009 - 03:57 pm:

I am a member of both the International Club, MTFCI and MTFCA. These clubs and the information they publish complement each other.
I put the Ruckstell TT Axle Parts List PDF attachment together with info from MTFCI and their Technical Library.

I suggest you join both clubs. The material available on line is Super!

OOPS, looks like I can't post it.
Send me an e-mail and I will get it to you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman on Friday, November 13, 2009 - 09:43 pm:

Gavin, an essential book to buy is the MTFA Ruckstell rebuild book, it has a section specifically on TT with pictures, parts list and detailed overhaul instructions. You can get it from all the main suppliers and direct from the MTFA web site. Well worth the purchase.
Cheers
Adrian

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Friday, November 13, 2009 - 09:56 pm:

as I recall Chaffins makes T ruxstell parts, not TT ruxstell parts?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman on Friday, November 13, 2009 - 11:41 pm:

I think you are right John.
The shifter and yoke etc are all 'standard' and Chaffins have nmost of the bits for these, but the actual TT Rickstell diff cluster is very different.
Cheers
Adrian

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso on Friday, November 13, 2009 - 11:57 pm:

Shifter is peculiar to the TT also Adrian - all parts larger than the car shifter. Also four mounting bolts holding shifter to axle housing rather than the three for the car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman on Saturday, November 14, 2009 - 05:50 am:

Thanks Steve.
I don't have a car Ruckstell, but the levers, front yoke look the same. The shaft to the diff is longer in the TT and does not cross over the torque tube like in a car. There are two shfters, 'short' and 'long nose' for the car.
The internal springs and at least some yoke, plunger, seals, shift arm parts are the same as the 'long nose' car shifter body. The 'long nose' external casings are different between the car and TT from looking at a Macs catalogue and the Ruckstell TT parts list.
Cheers
Adrian

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso on Saturday, November 14, 2009 - 11:16 am:

I have Ruckstells in 3 of our cars and one in my Gramp's TT Adrian and I have both styles of shifters - you are correct in only just a few of the late style shifter components are interchangable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shahin Fard on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 10:24 pm:

I have a Ruckstell Axel the ID tag is still tacked on it, and is still legible! Now I was wondering if anyone could tell me what it would be worth, it is in decent condition, all the wood on the wheels are there, and it does turn like it should. the serial number is 521963 and right under where is says ruckstell axel is says Four Speeds for Fords. If some one could let me know that would be great, oh and the manufacture date was back in 1907

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 11:08 pm:

The manufacture date can't be 1907, it would have to be 27, as the Ruckstell didn't come on the market until 1922.

A car type one is worth 500-1000 in original unrestored condition depending partly on whether it has the long nose shift lock or not. With the short nose shift lock, complete with torque tube, radius rods etc. it should be worth 6-700. With the long nose shift lock it is worth 800-1000; a little but not much more if it is a big drum. They will bring 1200 in some areas if they look extra nice. You can buy a new one for 2,000.

Truck ones are worth 2-400, again the long nose shift lock is worth more by a hundred or so.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By GLEN CHAFFIN on Saturday, December 19, 2009 - 03:26 am:

Chaffin's does manufacture all of the parts for the passenger car Ruckstells. We also manufacture a few parts for the truck Ruckstells and stock all of the available parts, but all parts are not available and you have to look for good used parts. There is just not as big of a demand for truck Ruckstell parts to make it worth it to manufacture them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Saturday, December 19, 2009 - 10:17 am:

What is needed for the TT Ruxstell? as I have several down for parts danuser88@socket.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robb Wolff on Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 08:18 pm:

Drawings form "The Model T Ford Car" by Page

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration