Another try at picture instructions

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Another try at picture instructions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George on Thursday, November 19, 2009 - 11:00 pm:

Some have it, some eventually figure it out, and some get to the 'why bother point'. Hap did an excellent job of trying screen shot instructions, but some still struggle to the point of frustration since a lot of the characters are not very useful ones and folks are adding spaces where they shouldn't be.

Open this word file, read the way...if you can cut and paste with a few clicks, you should be home free from here out!

application/mswordfile
cut and paste foru.doc (27.6 k)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam on Thursday, November 19, 2009 - 11:27 pm:

Following George' simplififed directions.

Picture is the New endgine blocks used in the T-100 project. That is if this works. JP
file

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam on Thursday, November 19, 2009 - 11:31 pm:

Thanks for the simple directions, George. They work great.
file

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By EDWARD R LEVY on Thursday, November 19, 2009 - 11:48 pm:

So I ask the obvious question whatever happened to the new engines used in the T 100 celebration? Are the cars on display or perhaps for sale? Would it not be great to own a NEW MODEL T FORD ?
Edward R. Levy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DanS on Thursday, November 19, 2009 - 11:51 pm:

Let's see.
file

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George on Thursday, November 19, 2009 - 11:57 pm:

a minor correction I just thought of....those instructions only work for a single file!

You want multiple files? You're getting way too complex and should already know how to post pictures...lol

but, same holds true with the cut and paste method, you just have to squeeze in a 1, 2,3 etc. at the end of the 'e' on 'file' for each new line you add BEFORE hitting preview/post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 12:09 am:

Edward: There were 6 engines and cars built. The Firestone tire debaucle ultimatel caused the cancellation of the program. Of the six four are in service at The Henry Ford/Greenfield Village giving daily visitors a ride. Of the remaining two I believe one is still held by Ford Motor Co. Detroit and the other was shipped to the U.K. These have been used for advertising.
Most of the engines have been upgraded to now include starters and original 3 dip crankcases. The repro crankcases were not up to "standard".
file

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 12:12 am:

Edward: There were 6 engines and cars built. The Firestone tire debaucle ultimatel caused the cancellation of the program. Of the six four are in service at The Henry Ford/Greenfield Village giving daily visitors a ride. Of the remaining two I believe one is still held by Ford Motor Co. Detroit and the other was shipped to the U.K. These have been used for advertising.
Most of the engines have been upgraded to now include starters and original 3 dip crankcases. The repro crankcases were not up to "standard".
file Photo of T-100 assembly area.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 12:39 am:

I wonder who ended up with the casting molds?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 12:49 am:

There is a big part of the problem. We don't all know how to create a word file.
If you can't create a word file why would you want to even try to post a picture?
How much time should one spend trying to do a word file if he has now idea how or what that is? How would I know it if I did manage to create one?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa in Poulsbo, WA on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 01:04 am:

Here is the same thing in .pdf format

Be_Zero_Be

file

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa in Poulsbo, WA on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 01:06 am:

The forum will no longer let me upload .pdf format. What's up with that?

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa in Poulsbo, WA on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 01:11 am:

I found it.

Be_Zero_Be

application/pdffile
PicturePost.pdf (23.6 k)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 01:12 am:

Hi Aaron, one way to do it (for Microsoft users - Apple is probably not that much different?):

1) select the text "\ image{file}" (caution - I put a space after the "\" which needs to be removed - or copy the text from George's document)
2) copy the text (right click - "copy")
3) move the mouse pointer over the desk top (anywhere will do)
4) right click and select "new"
5) go across to the new list that pops up and select "Word Document" OR if you don't have Word choose "Text Document" and click
6) new document appears on desktop. Open it.
7) right click and select "paste"
8) save the document.

Hope that helps,
Cheers
Adrian

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 01:28 am:

Repeating Jack's question:

Does anyone know what happened to the tooling for these reproduction engines?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 04:49 am:

Yes I know. Simply click on "your image here" and up they will come . . . . . grin . . . not

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 05:14 am:

/image{image test}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 05:15 am:

still will not work . . . it is a joke - not

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 07:21 am:

Frank, you are so close!

see your slash? find the key on the keyboard that shows the slash in the OTHER direction! Use THAT one for your slash. THAT other direction slash IS the key for the lock that issues the instruction set on upload

I'd also skip the space between 'image' and 'test'. I don't think it matters once inside the squiggle brackets, don't really know, but be safe anyway.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 07:47 am:

The 13 crates and pallets containing tooling which includes the patterns for the castings has been inventoried along with a couple of steel lockers full of reference prints. The tools remain in Ford's possession and I am told they are looking for suppliers expressing an interest in reproducing some of the parts.

The four cars at Greenfield Village are in daily service and are in rotation with the other cars in the Village. As the cars come in for maintenance, any parts showing wear are rebuilt or replaced. For this reason, the T100 cars no longer have all their reproduction parts and some now have original parts instead. The two other cars are indeed where Jack indicated. One is overseas, the other on display in Ford's HQ in Dearborn.

I do not presume to speak on behalf of Ford Motor Company or The Henry Ford. These are my personal observations.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 10:08 am:

Frank, an easy way to remember - the slash you need is right next to the brackets you need.

You also may need to leave the space out of the file name. A space in the file name does not work at all with html website pages, it may not work here for a similar reason.

The real way to remember the difference is that slash controls a function in your computer and the other slash controls a function in the website computer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bill leahy on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 10:20 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Byrne on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 11:09 am:

Test
MTFCA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Byrne on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 11:23 am:

Test
MTFCA1
MTFCA2
MTFAC3
Mtfca4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 11:26 am:

Well I did the backslash and the word image and then the correct front bracket with the name of picture and correct rear bracket. I have done this numerous times and have tried other alternatives, slashes spaces and no spaces. Still no link to post a picture. All I get is the box named your Image Here.

22 but no link after typing picture.

It will not even display what I am attempting to use on this sheet. If I type it it will not show on the post. All I get is the window with the word *your image here* I do not get the link. It must be my computer or my server.

name of picturePreview: New Message

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Another try at picture instructions: New Message
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Frank Harris on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 11:10 am:

Revise your Message
name of picture

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:
Password:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 11:29 am:

Well I did the backslash and the word image and then the correct front bracket with the name of picture and correct rear bracket. I have done this numerous times and have tried other alternatives, slashes spaces and no spaces. Still no link to post a picture. All I get is the box named your Image Here.

22 but no link after typing picture.

It will not even display what I am attempting to use on this sheet. If I type it it will not show on the post. All I get is the window with the word *your image here* I do not get the link. It must be my computer or my server.

name of picturePreview: New Message

Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Another try at picture instructions: New Message

By Frank Harris on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 11:10 am:

Revise your Message
name of picture

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:
Password:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Mullin on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 11:43 am:

Frank,

You are soooo close.

any old text to help match your file with the location

Tom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 11:45 am:

Jack, you shot peen the blocks? Don't believe I've even seen such nice looking blocks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Mullin on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 11:49 am:

Frank,

Oops, I was using that message to capture screens. As Paul Harvey would have said, :here is the rest of the story."

After you enter \image{descriptive info to match picture with this link}, you press the Preview/Post Message button as usual.

That should bring up a screen that looks like:

preview

If everything looks right, then you click the Post this Message button and should get this screen where you can browse for the various picture files, one at a time.

upload

The command name must be all lower case letters.

Tom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 11:54 am:

Never get that screen. It just posts the window with the words your image here

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth Harbuck - Shreveport, LA on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 11:56 am:

Frank,

Might you use Mozilla Firefox as your browser like I do?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 12:05 pm:

Frank, how old is your computer?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 01:11 pm:

Seth may be onto something there. The page that comes up before final posting says that if the browser button doesn't appear, it may be because of your browser. I'd try it with the current versions of Netscape, Firefox, IE, Safari, etc., and see what happens. It works for me with Firefox.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 01:20 pm:

Works for me in Firefox also.I'm running Version 3.5.5.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 01:52 pm:

/slash\backslash. /slash \backslash
Are you using the correct slash? My backslash is above enter. It works every time.\
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 02:18 pm:

Jay my computer is a five year old HP Media Edition with Intel Pentium running Windows 2000 XP with all of the service packs and full protection running on a DSL with 180 gigs of storage and a second hard drive for back-up.

I have been using computers sinse 1975 when they were hard wired and you sent stuff in batches to the main frame each night on dial-up phones with a cradle all in tone analog. I can fly airplanes and find neutral in a Model T Ford, chew gum and walk at the same time.

I am going to try my wife's Toshiba laptop which runs Windows Vista but my files are not in her machine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kidwell on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 03:41 pm:

Testing picture upload.

file

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kidwell on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 03:47 pm:

Testing picture upload.

file

file

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kidwell on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 03:49 pm:

Testing picture upload.

Exterior
file

Interior
file

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kidwell on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 03:52 pm:

Well, as the Staples commercial says, "That was Easy"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kidwell on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 04:10 pm:

A word of caution on uploading pictures. When you get to the screen to select your picture, if you want to change something, do not use the browser back arrow to get back to the previous screen to edit your message. The forum will post your message reguardless of what the screen shows. As you can see from the two posts prior to my pictures, I did not post those myself.

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 04:56 pm:

file Photo of T-100 assembly area.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grady Puryear on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 05:44 pm:

test
test

[

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grady Puryear on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 05:54 pm:

test
test

[

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 08:19 pm:

In the TT Mirror thread, I tried to post two pics in the same post. First time, I went to find my pics my wife had downloaded, only to find she had downloaded the wrong ones. I tried to back out of the screen, but it posted anyway. Next try, I had the right pics, but it took A LONG time for them to go and I guess it finally timed out. So, I'm thinking the pics were too big. I checked the pics and they were 64K and 52K, so surely that's not the problem. Not wanting to risk goofing again, I just posted them in separate posts. My question is, what did I do wrong? I'm sure my syntax was correct. I got the "Browse" buttons and picked the photos. It just took FOREVER to try to load and just never did.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 08:44 pm:

I have a special folder in my pictures. That way I can change a picture without changing the original. I set them to width 9" Resolution 72. They load very quickly. You can minimize the forum and go into your pictures and select the pictures you want to post, copy them into the special file,resize then number them. Then close your pictures and go back to the forum and browse. Of course if you know before accessing the forum, you can skip the intermediate step.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 11:44 pm:

Hal,

Based on what you say, should have just gone through. Two pictures require a slight mod to the cut and paste method, but that is explained above in a second post.

I assume the pix were a jpg extension and not some other file name extension?

Norm has the right answer for how to manage pix. I was going to include something similar in the document, but then decided ONE TASK AT A TIME! If we get 4 more a day to get the hang of it...thats progress!

Heres what I do for pix management, FWIW.

1] I create a folder on the desktop called 'email pix sets' Forget the title for a second, its actually for other purposes. I use the 'pixresizer' software gtten free from the inet. 3] For any picture I may ever want to email, or ever post, I set the default save location in the software to that 'email pix set' folder. 4] In pixresizer, I don't care what the original file size is....I set the screen clicks to 'custom size' and 'keep aspect ratio' and then type 600 into the smaller number for custom size. 5] Click save as jpg.

Bada-bing....proper file size is always in the desktop folder as it is never greater than 200K, and it does save as original file name with some numbers behind it. Convenient. Pixresizer also has a 'do complete folder' feature which is also great.

With digicams getting supposedly better with more and more resolution 2MB and 3MB per shot....it is ridiculous to send a friend the original copies....kills bandwidth, kills memory size, etc.....200KB or less as a jpg is MORE than enough clarity for anything...have a friend who now wants to go and get a professional quality print made? Pffft....he can came back and ask for the 2MB version!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenny Edmondson on Saturday, November 21, 2009 - 10:55 am:

Test picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Saturday, November 21, 2009 - 11:44 am:

I wondered where my other hinged band got to. When are you bring it home?(G)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bill leahy on Saturday, November 21, 2009 - 01:01 pm:

george,

thanks for the advice on pixresizer. here's an attempt. 1909

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bill leahy on Saturday, November 21, 2009 - 01:03 pm:

great advice. thanks again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis on Sunday, November 22, 2009 - 03:57 pm:

OK George, let me try it again:

mirror1

mirror2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis on Sunday, November 22, 2009 - 03:58 pm:

Worked that time. Must have just been a fluke.

Thanks,

Hal

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Skinner on Wednesday, November 25, 2009 - 02:54 pm:

test
test

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Skinner on Wednesday, November 25, 2009 - 03:06 pm:

whew. I think I did it, but I'm not sure I could do it again.
Must do better. 2/10
David UK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier on Thursday, November 26, 2009 - 10:03 am:

I still cannot get it, had just learned to resize my photos and added a pic to my profile. When I tried to post pics of a repaired trans. drum crack I find out my browser does not support this software. I GIVE UP. Have fun, KB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf on Thursday, November 26, 2009 - 10:09 am:

Keith, just get another browser. Firefox is free.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/upgrade.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris on Thursday, November 26, 2009 - 12:13 pm:

I can post pictures if I use my wife's computer that runs Windows VISTA but not on mine that runs Windows XP with all of the service packs. Here is one of my favorite pictures . . . .I am typing a backslash the word image and then the name of my picture in the correct brackets "{}" and my picture will appear, but only on Mary's computer.

pig

joke

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Thursday, November 26, 2009 - 01:20 pm:

Somehow I just knew we'd see that pig again....where there's a will there's a way!
Now, if you can just stay on good terms with Mary, we're in for more treats!
Congratulations!
Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, November 26, 2009 - 01:23 pm:

Frank, it's still a mystery. I have XP and I assume a lot of other people posting pictures are also using it. Now you need to start figuring out all the ways in which your two computers are different....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris on Thursday, November 26, 2009 - 01:38 pm:

Dick, It is because I live in California but do not vote as the people in the five big towns do. That is all I can think of for the present. That and the fact that we will have four types of pie today and I only like two kinds of pie.

We are having pumpkin, blueberry apple, pecan, and sweet potato with Jack Daniel's sauce. And, poor me the only two types I like are . . . . number one is hot and number two is cold.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, November 26, 2009 - 01:49 pm:

Frank, we are having dinner at my daughter's house. I am of the opinion that the best turkey is one cooked by your son-in-law in a Weber kettle while you watch with a glass of wine in your hand.

One of the desserts we will have will be Sex in a Pan. It's a recipe that my mother got years ago from a distant cousin. My mother's explanation of the name was that it's made in a pan and it's so-o-o good. There was some consternation when our daughter started first grade and all the kids had to stand up and say what their favorite dessert was. They were all pretty standard until it was Elisabeth's turn. The teacher wasn't quite sure how to deal with "Sex in a Pan," so she moved on to the next kid...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthonie Boer on Thursday, November 26, 2009 - 01:51 pm:

zxscvbn \image

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, November 26, 2009 - 01:56 pm:

Toon, the syntax is \image{tekst} - then when you click on "Preview/Post message," you will be asked to choose a file.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Thursday, November 26, 2009 - 03:22 pm:

file

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Olivier CHABANNE on Friday, November 27, 2009 - 08:00 am:

\ image {00000sedan--17.jpg}

Test

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf on Friday, November 27, 2009 - 09:27 am:

Olivier, no spaces.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bill leahy on Friday, November 27, 2009 - 01:43 pm:

here is the index case of the swine flu.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bill leahy on Friday, November 27, 2009 - 01:49 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Woolf on Friday, November 27, 2009 - 03:37 pm:

Our '13 touring.
file

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Woolf on Friday, November 27, 2009 - 03:42 pm:

One more time.
file

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Friday, November 27, 2009 - 06:10 pm:

Who is that kissing a pig?
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth Harbuck - Shreveport, LA on Friday, December 04, 2009 - 06:50 am:

Bumped for Randall Strickland

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bill leahy on Friday, December 04, 2009 - 08:42 am:

norman,

fortunately, i don't know. i really was just trying to refine my picture resizing techniques.

bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Friday, December 04, 2009 - 08:43 am:

Oliver, just put a short name between the { and } with no spaces.

This {A} will work there.Use a {B} for the next picture, etc.

Then do one click and wait until you are asked to Browse and select the file or you will get the YOUR PICTURE HERE block instead of your picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth Harbuck - Shreveport, LA on Sunday, December 06, 2009 - 08:59 am:

My computer runs the Windows XP operating system. I have upgraded the Firefox browser to the 3.5.5 version. I still cannot post pictures.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong other than being cheap and not buying another computer? Other than not being able to post pictures here, I'm fine with this computer because making changes scares me silly that the thing will crash and burn. :-)

Oh, I also tried the cut, paste, etc. thing that George and Bob offered above. Got nowhere with that either.

Seth (computer dummy and content with it, I guess)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Fultz on Sunday, December 06, 2009 - 10:38 am:

This was done in Windows XP and Mozilla
To create a file for pictures
1. Start with the blue screen when the computer is turned on
2. Right click the screen and when a box opens, right click and select "New Folder"
3. This will put a folder on your desktop
4. To save a photo, right click the photo and select "copy"
5. Goto the folder and right click and select
"save" and it will put it in the folder.

T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Fultz on Sunday, December 06, 2009 - 10:42 am:

That photo of the "T" was over 200KBs so I e-mailed it to myself and it came through 63.1KB Saved it back to the folder in the same name

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth Harbuck - Shreveport, LA on Sunday, December 06, 2009 - 10:43 am:

I'll try that. Thanks for your help Bob.

Merry Christmas,

Seth

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Fultz on Sunday, December 06, 2009 - 10:48 am:

Let me know and i will ad some new ideas.
F

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth Harbuck - Shreveport, LA on Sunday, December 06, 2009 - 11:08 am:

Thanks for your help Bob but I've "crashed and burned" like I said I probably would.

I managed to get the new folder on my desktop (though a bit different from your instructions above - some left instead of right clicking) and also managed to get a picture in it that I've attempted to post.

But, somewhere in all that, I hit the wrong button and now I have no arrows to the left of "By" at the top of each post.

Oh well, it was a royal P.I.T.A. anyway.

Thanks for your help just the same!

Seth

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Bond on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 11:43 am:

I've been thru all this too and it's just about too hard. Once I figured it out I found my pics were too large so now I need to download something to reduce them to fit. I use several other old car forums and it's much easier. Guess when I get some spare time I'll try again. Practice makes perfect so i guess we just gotta hang in there.
photo

Add a Message

Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration