I've found something GREAT

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: I've found something GREAT
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim from ModelTengine.com on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 12:10 pm:

I just found this website: http://www.visiblevintageautos.com/

It's a Ford Script magnet - reflective. I think it's a great idea. It's the blue oval script, but I think the "cop lights" blue color will catch someones eye faster than any other color anyway. The kit comes with three ovals and two little red decals for your bumpers too.

Here are the before and after photos taken from that website, on a Model A sedan.

b
a

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim from ModelTengine.com on Monday, November 23, 2009 - 06:27 pm:

Ok, my "sticker" arrived in the mail today. It came with one blue oval and two little red magnets.

I tried taking photos of everything, but it's almost impossible with a flash camera. I tried it on the floor and then slapped it onto a car we're working on. The car was taken about 12 feet away, with the setting on the camera turned down as far as it would go.

q
w
e

Go to his website to buy some of these. I have nothing to do with it, just a happy customer that found a great product on the internet by accident.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 02:13 pm:

Bump. I just ordered the standard set. Looks like a good idea.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grady Puryear on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 07:41 pm:

Tim, I have the cheapest of the cheap Fuji digital cameras, if I go into it's menu, I can disable the flash.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls,WI on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 07:22 pm:

I recently purchased the 3 pak. One of the signs was damaged, so I e-mailed Steve. He sent me a new replacement the next day. That is what I call service!

I returned the damaged sign to him - to help him with quality control.

The signs look great. Thanks to Tim for telling us about this firm.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 07:36 pm:

Try just putting your finger over the flash. (That's the lazy mans way to dismantle the flash.)Been there done it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Harris on Sunday, December 06, 2009 - 01:46 pm:

David ordered a set of these. . . great for safety - and a wonderful gift idea for the Model T guy that needs "more stuff"!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, December 06, 2009 - 02:05 pm:

I got mine the other day, and they're even better than the website says. The website says that the Ford oval logo is magnetic, but that the red squares are adhesive. I figured I'd put the squares on pieces of magnetic rubber sheet, but they came already magnetic. If it weren't so cold here right now, I'd go for an evening drive... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls,WI on Sunday, December 06, 2009 - 02:18 pm:

It is not cold up here in Wisconsin, so it can't be cold by you. We are expecting 4 inches tonite and 5 more inches on Tuesday of that pretty white stuff. Want me to send some to you? We already sent some to Houston on Thursday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, December 06, 2009 - 02:22 pm:

Dave, there's cold and there's cold. By Wisconsin standards, it's probably pretty balmy here, but for driving my touring, I need more reason than just testing a couple of reflective magnets! We haven't had any snow here yet, and I'm already hoping that the snow fairy forgets about us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard A. Erfert on Sunday, December 06, 2009 - 11:53 pm:

Being originally from Wisconsin, I know what cold looks like. It is 28 above right now in Flagstaff, AZ. and we are expecting two feet of snow between tonight and Tuesday. Will have to get some of those signs to find my way back home.
Dick

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration