Vintage Accessory Headlight Markers, Check These Out!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Vintage Accessory Headlight Markers, Check These Out!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 04:31 pm:

I thought I would share a photo suite of these neat old clip on markers that let you see if the headlamps are still lit from the comfort of your front seat. Pretty Slick, Huh! I'll let the pictures tell the story.
cliparmlite
cliparmlite2
cliparmlite3
cliponlens2
cliponlens
cliparm2
cliparm
box2
box3
box4
box5

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Christopher Lang on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 05:20 pm:

Those, are beautiful. I really like the stern warning though. Tomorrow may be too late!
I assume they are glass?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duane Markuson on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 06:07 pm:

Just a little ahead of fiber tube optices. Would love to have a set of these. Very cool! Duane

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenny Edmondson on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 06:52 pm:

Those are cool accessories. All T's should have had those. I can never tell if mine are on unless I'm driving in total darkness.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Chantrell - Adelaide, Australia on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 07:42 pm:

I ask the wife to get out check...!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 08:06 pm:

I know the feeling. I was coming home from a night Christmas parade once. My wife was following me in a modern car. Her lights were shining under the truck and lit my way very well. However, I turned off on a shortcut through the woods to get off of the highway sooner. She elected to take the normal route. This shortcut is a very narrow twisty winding dirt road. Probably very similar to roads of the day. At any rate, I didn't know just how dim my lights were until I got off on that path through the deep dark woods.

That is why I scoff at people who say chrome reflectors are not good enough. Not good as silver, I'm sure, but 10 times better than the old ones with more brass showing than silver that I had on it that night.

Sorry to highjack the thread. Those are really a nice accessory and useful too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey on Saturday, November 21, 2009 - 01:07 am:

Fiber optics are said to have been first found in the space craft that crashed at Roswell in 1947.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Saturday, November 21, 2009 - 01:12 am:

Jay, where do you find this stuff?!! You seem to come up with some of the most interesting accessories I have ever seen. Very interesting! Keep up the good work. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grady Puryear on Saturday, November 21, 2009 - 09:25 am:

This reminds me of a similar accessory, I put them on A's and similar They were a half moon shaped chrome plated doo dad, kind of like a hood, fit on top and had a glass marble in the middle, the lights would make the marble glow. Kind of neat back then, I can't post pictures or would show one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Saturday, November 21, 2009 - 10:19 am:

Grady, I believe this is what your speaking about. I have a set in chrome somewhere too that has a full round red marble in each shield.
lenslid1
lenslid

David, I am an avid Model T Accessory collector and have hundreds of accessories. I could most likely feature one a day here for the next few years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Christopher Lang on Saturday, November 21, 2009 - 10:58 am:

Boy, I'd love to see a new accessory a day! It would go great with morning coffee.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grady Puryear on Saturday, November 21, 2009 - 11:37 am:

Jay, that's it - Thanks - Grady

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe stearns on Saturday, November 21, 2009 - 07:23 pm:

Jay, yes lets see some more of your goodies. Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner on Sunday, November 22, 2009 - 02:41 pm:

Wow, I agree. Love the "Accessory A Day" idea.

That would be to cool..
Please do it....

Erich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson on Thursday, December 17, 2009 - 01:43 pm:

Jay:

I have had the Light markers on my center door for 20 yeasrs and really like them. I can tell at dusk if the lights are working or not.
I bought them a Hershey many years ago. They were in a box that had a picture of a very early car coming directly at you. Only one light was burning. In large letter it said under the car:
DON'T BE A DEAD EYE DICK. I saved the box but can not find it right now.
A356 dead eye dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Thursday, December 17, 2009 - 02:13 pm:

Nice Lenzes, Dave; Warner-Lenz, that is.

rf

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson on Thursday, December 17, 2009 - 02:30 pm:

Ricks:

I think I may have bought one of them from you many years ago.

Dave

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration