Manifold type

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Manifold type
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kent Greenhalgh on Sunday, November 22, 2009 - 07:35 pm:

My intake and exhaust manifold is one piece, with some type of stove in the middle. There was some
kind of a sheet metal restriction inside of it which I removed. Any body familiar with this type manifold?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso on Sunday, November 22, 2009 - 09:20 pm:

Sounds like a Vaporizer and they won't funtion without the tin plate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Stinson on Monday, November 23, 2009 - 01:02 pm:

VaporizerCarb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Stinson on Monday, November 23, 2009 - 01:02 pm:

Does it look like this?
VaporizerCarb
(photo taken off google)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kent Greenhalgh on Monday, November 23, 2009 - 04:39 pm:

Hi Thom,
No, its not like the picture. It has no removable parts. It is cast in one solid piece. Like the picture, the exhaust is on the bottom and intake on top. Thanx for your help.
Kent

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris on Tuesday, November 24, 2009 - 02:36 pm:

Does it look like this one ? manifold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kent Greenhalgh on Tuesday, November 24, 2009 - 04:48 pm:

Hi Frank,
No, its not like the picture. The exhaust is on the bottom and it has about a 4 inch square cast in box that the intake runner passes through, and then TEES on top and curves down to the intake ports. I'll have a picture of it posted soon. Thanx for your time
KENT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob wood on Friday, November 27, 2009 - 07:03 pm:

Kent,
does it look like this?

file

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob wood on Friday, November 27, 2009 - 07:11 pm:

Kent. I could not post the picture. Here is the link to the item on EBay. It is a Schebler maniford and carb

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Model-T-HIPO-Wheeler-Schebler-Carb-Manifold- 1916_W0QQitemZ120498457206QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories? hash=item1c0e448a76

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kent Greenhalgh on Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 01:28 pm:

Bob, that is not the manifold either. I have started a new thread, which has links to pictures of what I have. Please check it out to see if you can help me.

Thank everybody,

-Kent

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration