Car vases

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Car vases
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RICK NELSON on Wednesday, November 25, 2009 - 09:11 pm:

Does anyone know of an outlet for car bud vases ? I have been trying to find a matched set for a few years

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Decker on Wednesday, November 25, 2009 - 09:17 pm:

Hi Rick:
Check out E-bay and type in CAR VASE. There are about thirty items up now?

Good Luck
Harvey ......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael F. Thomas on Wednesday, November 25, 2009 - 09:18 pm:

Evan Cork from Wallace, Indiana collects them. A rather extensive collection. He might be able to help you out...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner on Wednesday, November 25, 2009 - 09:53 pm:

Second the motion for T-Bay. Often many bud vases there. takes some patience though. The ones I want are always the ones other, richer folks want. Eventually I got just the one I wanted and drive in pride with it on my car. Makes it fun to watch the roadside for just the rite flower to put in it.

Erich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RICK NELSON on Wednesday, November 25, 2009 - 10:32 pm:

thanks Harvey, I got a bid in on a pair now

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George A Wood on Thursday, November 26, 2009 - 12:03 am:

CarVase.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Sumner on Thursday, November 26, 2009 - 08:43 am:

Snyders sells car vases thru their catalog. P/n A-18101-CR, CL,B, or G. Les

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Rosenkrans on Thursday, November 26, 2009 - 01:16 pm:

The parts houses have repro ones for sale that are nice, but actual antique ones aren't hard to find on e-bay or a swap meets. What can be hard to find are the mounting brackets, if you can find a pair with brackets you're ahead of the game. They are a very nice touch, we have a pair in our A Town Sedan and a single one mounted to the dash of our T Touring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Thursday, November 26, 2009 - 03:51 pm:

Check with Dave Huson in Colorado

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Bond on Saturday, December 19, 2009 - 08:07 pm:

Interesting topic. Most folks don't realize that vases were never sold in pairs. If you wanted two you bought two. It was just as common to see a single flower vase used in the center of the dash or centered on the back of the seat so the rear seat passengers wouldn't have to smell the stinky old chauffeur! Don't keep looking for a pair - buy one you like and patiently wait for a mate. If you don't find one in a reasonable time buy another and repeat the process until you either have what you want, have too many and end up with a big collection, or become a swap meet vendor specializing in them.

Collecting them is fascinating.
Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dena & Dennis Gorder on Saturday, December 19, 2009 - 08:34 pm:

I never thought of attaching one to the dash of a model T. I have a pair I was going to put in my Model A, but I could put one in each touring car. Can someone show a photo or two on how and where they should be mounted?

Thanks

BTW There is a guy at Hershey that always has reproduction mounts for the vases, both large and small.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Rosenkrans on Saturday, December 19, 2009 - 11:07 pm:

Here's a few pictures of the budvase in our '26 Touring. I don't believe there is an "official" location for these - I just put mine where it seemed logical and aesthetic.

budvases1

budvases2

budvases3

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Decker on Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 10:16 am:

Wayne: Very interesting; very cool. I have not seen that placement location before. Thanks for posting these pictures.
Harvey .........

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dena & Dennis Gorder on Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 10:26 am:

Wayne, thanks for the photos. We are thinking we will attach one to our 26 touring.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration