St. Louis ThanksGiving day parade

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: St. Louis ThanksGiving day parade
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Thursday, November 26, 2009 - 02:10 pm:

Well the Greater St. Louis Model T club had 5 cars in the Thanksgiving day parade. Being in the parade we could not get a lot of pictures of the parade. The parade was televised and boy did the tv station control the parade. I do not know if the Model T's were shown but they usually cut to commercial when we come through. Here are some of the pictures my wife and I took in the parade.

/image{ourclub}
/image{Ourwomen}
A Local Theater group Has this train, it's a 1952 8N pulling it. I used to ride in this at the drivins when I was very young.
/image{Werhenberg}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Thursday, November 26, 2009 - 02:14 pm:

Whoops had the slash wrong
ourclub
Ourwomen
Werhenberg
Fred Bird at the Schnucks grocery cart
fredbirdschnucks}
Paradestart
Crowd

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Thursday, November 26, 2009 - 02:17 pm:

One last picture of Fred Bird as he drove past us.
Fredbird

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, November 26, 2009 - 02:45 pm:

Steven, in a different thread, I already commented that we saw you very clearly on TV and they even threw in a brief description of the club.

Too bad you were behind that %#@%& giant shopping cart. If it were up to me, I'd ban it from all parades....

Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, November 26, 2009 - 03:33 pm:

By the way, Steven, Anja and I first participated in that parade in 1996, a couple of months after we bought the T. As I recall, it was 27 degrees when we left the house to drive downtown. Sam's mother rode with him then, too. It has been an Atkinson family tradition for a long time.

Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Thursday, November 26, 2009 - 03:58 pm:

You people look really odd all bundled up. It's noon here, and the backyard thermometer says 86 and rising. I came in to cool off.

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, November 26, 2009 - 04:02 pm:

Yeah, Ralph, but you live in California and before you know it, you'll be paying an excess-temperature tax... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman on Thursday, November 26, 2009 - 04:48 pm:

......and the "Excess-temperature" will be from brush fires!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Thursday, November 26, 2009 - 05:19 pm:

Hey, we're only a mile from an ocean of some size, and no brush. Actually, wildfires have been very good for my personal economy the last 3 years. I'm working another project right now for the firefighting DC-10. www.10Tanker.com

With any luck, both DC-10s and the King Air lead plane will get deployed to Australia next month.

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Thursday, November 26, 2009 - 07:56 pm:

Dick,
I was looking for you to be at the parade. I was surprised you weren't there. Hope you and Anja had a good Thanksgiving.

Steven

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 02:26 pm:

Steven, this has nothing to do with the parade, but isn't worth a new thread. If you haven't already done so in years past, pick a warmish evening (mid to upper forties) in December, put the top down on the T, load the family in it and drive through Winter Wonderland in Tilles Park. With the top down, the lights are pretty spectacular. We did it about 9-10 years ago with five adults and a kid in the car.

Dick

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration