TT progress pics

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: TT progress pics
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Brown on Friday, November 27, 2009 - 07:47 pm:

Hi all, A while ago I promised some progress pics of my '26 TT now that the engine is back in it so somewhat belatedly, here they are. All that confusion of links next to the transmission are for the brake equalizer - needed to extend it vertically due to the deeper truck frame, and put an extra piece of crossmember in for the return springs. The rest is pretty standard although has given rise to a heap of queries I'll be posting in the next week or so!
file
I see from the date that it is now 2 years since I started dismantling the first rusty bolts - time sure flies when you're having fun.

Jeff

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Brown on Friday, November 27, 2009 - 07:50 pm:

Hmm - only one photo loaded so here are the rest.
file

Jeff

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Brown on Friday, November 27, 2009 - 07:52 pm:

And another

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Brown on Friday, November 27, 2009 - 07:53 pm:

OK so why aren't they all posting at once??
file

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Brown on Friday, November 27, 2009 - 07:54 pm:

And finally.
file

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By coreywalker on Friday, November 27, 2009 - 08:29 pm:

That sure looks nice. I can only get one pic at a time to load also. What is the transmission cover made of? Did they go back to aluminum in 26, 27 or is that cast blast paint?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Weir on Friday, November 27, 2009 - 08:31 pm:

Jeff; Good lookin TT..... it's too darned clean, it'll never run rite until a little honest dirt accumulates.

Sincerely

Jim Weir

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf on Friday, November 27, 2009 - 08:43 pm:

That looks great. In two years you're further along than I am. Guess I'd better get busy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph Magedanz on Friday, November 27, 2009 - 09:29 pm:

Jeff,
That looks great.
You are a few months ahead of my TT project. My engine is now out getting its new bearings poured. Once that is back, I should catch up again ;-)
Nice work.
Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Schrope on Friday, November 27, 2009 - 09:30 pm:

One observation: the straps that go between the two top hogshead to block bolts and the top bolt that connects to pan ears to the top of the frame are missing. I consider these to be quite important as with the late TT's there is no cross bolt between the frame and the pan ears. This allows a considerable amount of strain on the pan ears when the frame is flexing. YMMV.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 03:25 am:

Jeff, looking good! Keep us informed. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner on Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 09:45 am:

Wooo Jeff, Loooooking goooood. You should be very proud of that machine. I also vote for the straps from hogs ears on top to pan ears at frame. Can't wait to see more.

Erich

I never saw one without the grime. I am sure it will run better after its first oil leak.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim from ModelTengine.com on Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 09:58 am:

Looks like something is wrong with the clutch pedal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner on Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 10:11 am:

Is the contact bolt out to far where it contacts the cam for neutral?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder on Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 11:58 am:

What type aux. Brakes does it have. Some more Photos of the Equalizer please.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso on Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 12:14 pm:

Looks very nice Jeff.
Appears as though the low pedal might have gone over center due to loose low band adjustment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Brown on Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 12:32 pm:

Thanks for all the comments. To answer some of the queries. The hogshead is just painted same as the engine - I used POR15 manifold grey which is pretty close to cast iron. I didn't have any straps to the hogshead although they may have been missing like a lot of other bits. It was my understanding that the bolts into the side of the frames were left out to keep the frame flexible - does anyone have some photos of what the straps look like and where they go? There is definetely something wrong with the clutch adjustment - trying to get all the adjustments right drove me crazy so I'm hoping to get one of the local T gurus to help and also to assist when I first start it up. Still saving up for a radiator!

The brake equalizer is just one sold by the vendors - it balances the pull to each side so that both the original emergency brake shoes comme on at the same time. Supposed to be as good as Rocky Mountain brakes which I couldn't afford but I suspect not!

Couple of photos:
file
file

Jeff

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 12:43 pm:

Jeff

Rather nice TT chassis and work you have done....looking good!

The straps to the frame bolt at the pan support and to the engine block and hogshead go like this:

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Kociemba on Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 01:12 pm:

Looks great.Do you have a before picture?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Berch on Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 02:20 pm:

That's a real beauty Jeff! There's a pair of frame straps on EBay. If you're interested. Item number: 360210784109. I have no connection with these, just trying to be helpful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa in Poulsbo, WA on Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 02:40 pm:

Jeff,

Very very nice. Keep up the good work. I especially like the evaporated carburetor :-)

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Brown on Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 03:53 pm:

Yes Bob, those evaporated carbs are really tricky to deal with! I have an NH on the bench at moment getting ready. Thanks for the strap pic and ebay tip guys - I'll get on to that. Here are a couple of before pics.
file
file

Jeff

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael K Johnson on Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 05:44 pm:

Wonderful job! Keep us posted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 08:31 pm:

You have come a long way. It is beautifull. I have the same brake kit and hope it works out well. Not installed yet. Any advise to share now that you put yours on? Also, I want to hear how they work once you get running.

Thanks again and congratulations on a fine looking machine.

Erich

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration