Wood hood shelf 09-16 thickness ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Wood hood shelf 09-16 thickness ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Theodore Harbourt on Friday, November 27, 2009 - 08:36 pm:

We just need to know how thick the wood is so we can get the spacing right and set the firewall at the correct hight. If you have all the dimensions we could just make hood shelves out of wood but all i have is the catalogue and a few pictures.

Thanks for all your help guys.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Fenton on Friday, November 27, 2009 - 10:19 pm:

The wood on my 15 is 11/16" thick and is painted black.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Theodore Harbourt on Friday, November 27, 2009 - 10:42 pm:

Thank you John.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 01:00 am:

I respectfully would point out that the factory drawing for the part calls them out at 5/8" thick and the thickness didn't change from date of adoption of drawing (2/4/08) to redesign of the part to be then made out of steel with wood underneath (4/3/16). Redesign date was not the date that the parts were steel on production cars. That would have been sometime after that date. Torpedo drawings for hood block on those cars also called out 5/8" thick.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration