Anybody in central Calif rebuild rear ends?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Anybody in central Calif rebuild rear ends?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dodd on Friday, November 27, 2009 - 09:58 pm:

Now that I have gotten the rear end apart on my 14 I am having second thoughts about doing the work myself. I know that one outer wheel bearing may be tired or the axle may be worn, the pinion is gone, the ring gear is bruised and I think the pinion bearing is shot too.
Rather than fix it myself I would like to find someone with more experience to do the work. Is anyone out there nearby? I am near San Luis Obispo.

Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Evan Mason on Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 01:19 am:

Bill,

Give Jeff Beaumont a call he does this type of work.

Evan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dodd on Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 01:26 am:

I had forgotten about him. Is he in the phone book?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould on Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 10:37 am:

Erik Barrett in Auburn CA does excellent work for a reasonable price. I am picky and he is one rebuilder I trust.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey on Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 02:33 pm:

Yep, Erik's good!
No affiliation, just know his work.
T'
David D.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler on Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 02:53 pm:

Milt Webb in Elk Grove (Sacramento). See his ad. in VF

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dodd on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 01:44 am:

Wow
More response than I figured! Thanks for the suggestions! I guess my brain was not working well as I know everyone except Milt Web!

Bill

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration