How to wire old Bosch distributor

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: How to wire old Bosch distributor
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wm. Grotendick on Friday, November 27, 2009 - 10:17 pm:

I need a diagram or instructions on how to wire up an old Bosch distributor.

Thanks
Gort

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim from ModelTengine.com on Friday, November 27, 2009 - 11:12 pm:

I'm just guessing, but I would expect the one small wire would go to the (-) terminal on the coil.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush on Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 01:00 pm:

As Tim said, the one small wire goes to the coil, the spark plug wires go in the same order as it fires in. With the Bosch there is no designated No1. When it is set up, which ever terminal the rotor is pointed to is No1. So every time it is taken off the terminal can change if the motor has been turned over.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard Tobias on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 09:00 pm:

Might this be of help?
dist

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard Tobias on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 09:03 pm:

Try again
dist

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 11:27 pm:

I don't know about the Bosch but some of the early distributors were capable of being connected to fire a single buzz coil and distribute the spark to all four cylinders. The Atwater Kent had this feature.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob wood on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 01:46 am:

Gort
if you have the book "The Model T Fordowner" the best of Murray Fahnestock it is on page 290. Lange's has the book. They also have The article for Bosch deluxe, front plate for sale.

Bob

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration