Gasket board

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Gasket board
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark on Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 12:05 am:

Did the dealers have a board to hold the extra gaskets on hand? Has anyone made anything like this to keep gaskets they have on hand? If so, could you post photos of your way of keeping extra gaskets in good condition? Just an idea i've been thinking of.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Christopher Lang on Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 01:14 am:

I've just always kept them flat, in between cardboard, or file folders. I leave them on top of my bookcase, as they are safe and stay flat. It works great when I remember where they are.
I hope somebody has pictures of some dealer case or something though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 12:27 pm:

This is one I made,kinda hard to see behind everything,but it works.image{1}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 12:28 pm:

|image{1}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 12:32 pm:

image{1,2,3}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 12:36 pm:

dang thing won't work..1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 12:41 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 12:53 pm:

I just made one from looking at an old adv, used some older cork gaskets I had around.

For the new ones, just keep them wrapped in the flat boxes they come in, and stack 'em on the shelf!
pci

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 12:59 pm:

Close up pic of NACO brand storage board available back in the old days....
pci

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie Owen - Elizabethtown, KY on Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 03:13 pm:

Saw this one and wish someone would repro.
gasket

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 04:11 pm:

I saw one for sale at Hershey on Tuesday, vendor set up day, & I think it was a Naco. The seller wanted $150.00 for it. Since I already have an original McCord, I wasn't going to buy this one but wanted to look it over carefully anyway. While I was admiring it, a fellow came up and asked the price and immediately said he'd take it.

My McCord is slightly different than Charlie's as shown above. Mine has the lower pan gasket for both the 3 and 4 dip pans, but his only has provision for the 3 dip pan.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 10:46 am:

Here is a WISOID gasket board adv. to add to this thread
wisoid

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leon Parker on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 12:54 pm:

Here is my Jointite Gasket Board. Leon
Gasket Board

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Luke Chennell on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 10:49 pm:

Leon:

Do you have a higher resolution picture of your gasket board, or possibly one without any gaskets on the board? Also, could I get some dimensions, and if that's a rolled edge I spy on those corners, I'd like to know if they're wire beaded and what the radius is.

I have a sign painter friend who has volunteered to make me one of these. Any help would be appreciated.

Luke Chennell
McPherson, KS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Thursday, December 10, 2009 - 12:34 am:

Luke email me at danuser88@socket.net please

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leon Parker on Thursday, December 10, 2009 - 12:47 am:

Luke I can take some more pictures for you and send them out by e-mail. The picture I posted was high resolution, had to resize to post. The sides are rolled and the corners are just cut on a radius. No wire in the rolled metal. Leon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joncrane on Thursday, December 10, 2009 - 04:03 am:

Gasket Board
Bet if we could get a really good quality picture and the precise dimensions we could photo print a few of the gasket boards for mounting on a piece of plywood or fiber board. Anybody interested in a small run?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leon Parker on Thursday, December 10, 2009 - 12:14 pm:

I have seen an old gasket display board made out of heavy card board. Leon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dena & Dennis Gorder on Thursday, December 10, 2009 - 12:44 pm:

I'm interested in getting a print and making one for my garage. It might be a neat item to sell at the museum in Centerville!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jack daron-Indy. on Thursday, December 10, 2009 - 02:35 pm:

I have a full size overlay made up from the Ford picture of their board. I was thinking of making some,but couldn't get Ford to respond about the liscencing. It is a pity they are so greedy with us hobbiests.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration