Model T splash

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Model T splash
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony DiSalvo on Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 09:06 am:

Hello members , I am very confused, I am going to install a distributor in my 1919, I was going to remove the mag should I leave the magnets on the flywheel to provide splashing? Am I better off with an outside oil line? the engine has a large scoop internal line now . I plan on drilling and installing scoops on the rods, grooving the babbitts . Thank you Tony

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth Harbuck - Shreveport, LA on Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 09:14 am:

Tony,

Unless you have an auxiliary transmission (a ratio between Ford low and high) or a very light car like a speedster, you had probably better leave the magnets on for flywheel inertia - so I am told.

Seth

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner on Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 09:18 am:

If the magnets are not going to be fuctional, it would be nice to loose the weight and put on one of the aftermarket splash units that bolts onto the flywheel. I think the outside oil line is always a good idea no matter what is done to the mag components. Gets more oil up front so the rods can dip into something.

Erich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner on Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 09:22 am:

Seth has a point there. The only cars I have been around with mag rings removed were light speedsters. Lets hear from somebody who has had this experience. Did it matter on a heavier car to loose the magnets?

Erich

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration