ACCESSORY OF THE DAY 11/28/09 $1 STOPS FORD ENDPLAY

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: ACCESSORY OF THE DAY 11/28/09 $1 STOPS FORD ENDPLAY
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 09:26 am:

Here’s an interesting vintage accessory for today. Does any one have any experience with running one of these?
endshim endshim1
endplayshin

Here’s a link to the patent data on goggle.
http://www.google.com/patents?id=m-VNAAAAEBAJ&printsec=abstract&zoom=4&source=gbs_overview_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q=&f=false

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George on Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 10:17 am:

That's one way to keep a good gap on the magneto.....

I wonder how long they lasted?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth Harbuck - Shreveport, LA on Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 10:20 am:

Probably not very long unless you kept them well oiled.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr. on Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 10:53 am:

With those slots for the mounting screws they may be adjustable for wear. Oilite bronze would go a long way toward solving the wear problem. Jay, thanks for posting. Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen on Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 11:01 am:

I found one in an engine that I tore down for rebuild a few years ago. It seemed to be working. With a stock felt front oil seal, you wouldn't have any trouble keeping it lubricated.

Oddly enough, I listed it on Ebay last week.

Shameless plug: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160380739726&viewi tem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 11:07 am:

So Eric, how much commission do I make? just kidding! You should include a copy of the ad I posted here for the new owner when the item sells.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George on Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 11:28 am:

Eric...so, can you measure how much has worn away?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Mortensen on Tuesday, December 01, 2009 - 11:59 am:

I have one of those too. A simple quick fix for the era. Also have a couple of center main accessories that are meant to accomplish the same purpose.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arthur J. Solie on Wednesday, December 02, 2009 - 01:14 am:

I have seen some large leather washers made from old thrashing machine or sawmill belts used for the same process. The pulley had to be removed to install. You can r&r it on the later pans. Art in Pahrump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lee Crenshaw on Wednesday, December 02, 2009 - 05:55 pm:

There is a certain Model T supplier that sells a reproduction of this "shim" for $19.95.(#3030shim)
His place is in Wichendon, Ma.
Lee

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Bond on Wednesday, December 02, 2009 - 06:58 pm:

Jay, you've got some great stuff - I look forward to seeing what turns up next. Now that I've figured out this photo downloading stuff here is a pic of one of my display cases. This all started years ago with my spark plug collection. I started picking up countertop display items, and assembled all of it into a recreation of a circa teens auto parts store. I'll get more pics out later but wanted you to see some of these T items.
Terry accessories

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Bond on Wednesday, December 02, 2009 - 07:01 pm:

Jay, you've got some great stuff - I look forward to seeing what turns up next. Now that I've figured out this photo downloading stuff here is a pic of one of my display cases. This all started years ago with my spark plug collection. I started picking up countertop display items, and assembled all of it into a recreation of a circa teens auto parts store. I'll get more pics out later but wanted you to see some of these T items.
Terry accessories

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Bond on Wednesday, December 02, 2009 - 07:21 pm:

Great stuff Jay, obviously a long-time collection. Mine began many years ago with a spark plug collection that grew to include display items. Now it's all assembled in a recreated teens auto parts store. I'll get more photos later but this is a good sample. Terry
accessories

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Wednesday, December 02, 2009 - 07:31 pm:

Loooks like you don't have it down yet! Use a back slash\ not a slash/ The one you use is over the enter key. The brackets you use are left of the back slash. You need to use the shift for the brackets. \image {picture} do what I did except leave out the space between image and {. Also your picture needs 9"width and 72 resolution.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Mortensen on Thursday, December 03, 2009 - 11:14 am:

I looked up the patent on Google. Interesting to look at.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration