T-3629 "stay strap" buckles

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: T-3629 "stay strap" buckles
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randall Anderson on Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 12:37 pm:

For quite a few years, we have been making the cotton top strap assemblies for 1915-22 open cars. Until now, the only web buckle available was a smallish, stamped sheet metal piece. We now have the correct Ford buckles, shown on the drawings of the "stay strap" assembly.

Anyone who has previously purchased a pair of these T-3629 strap assemblies, made by us, with the incorrect buckle, can send them to us and we will replace the buckles and return the straps to you for $20, postpaid. This covers our cost of the parts and the postage.

To remove from the car, just remove the screws holding the footman loop to the rear bow and slide the D-ring off the saddle support.

The (hopefully) attached photo shows the correct Ford buckle on the left and the previously used piece on the right. Of course, from now on, all straps will use the correct part.

Since this is a service, not a profit-making venture, I didn't think it inappropriate to post here. If I'm wrong and anyone's offended, I apologize.

C:\My Documents\2009-11-28

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration