Dash Mounted Pull Starter

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Dash Mounted Pull Starter
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthonie Boer on Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 04:42 pm:

On E-Bay is for sale under #160380737708 a Dash mounted pull starter. Now I am looking for a pully with matching sprocket and chain to mount on the crankshaft, does one of you have one or have a picture so that I can make one

Toon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael K Johnson on Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 05:42 pm:

What a price! Nifty item but I like the description too:

"Just think, no more asking your wife to get out of the car to crank your Model T Ford in the rain!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Stinson on Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 06:30 pm:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Model-T-Ford-Accessory-Dash-Mounted-Pull-Starter_ W0QQitemZ160380737708QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20091124?IMSfp=TL091124012003r21460

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Money on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 04:29 pm:

I wonder if the seller ever thought it would go that high?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael K Johnson on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 04:44 pm:

Doug, he is probably going to buy a model T with accessories from the proceeds!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 06:29 pm:

Hey

That's a great return on the orginal sales price of $3. :-)

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Schrope on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 09:05 pm:

Look at the bidding. Two guys have bid it up from $155.33. Maybe they both "just gotta have it", but.............

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael K Johnson on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 09:07 pm:

Live auction entertainment. I've seen a $2K machine tool go for three times its value just because two guys go at it. Sort of like a street fight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 09:37 pm:

Just watched it close at auction.

A new bidder jumped in at last and won it at $2550. The other 2 bidders wanted it badly too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 12:12 am:

D--m I sold 2 several years ago for 100.00 ea

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick - (2) '26's - Bartow, FL on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 11:19 am:

Wow! Must be a new record! My sympathies John. Perhaps you can contact the buyers and give them a 100% return on their investment by offering them $200.00 apiece for them. LOL! Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern Ca. on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 11:24 am:

I sold one several years ago that was missing the special crank pulley for $250. I figured I wouldn't live long enough to find that special part to complete the unit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthonie Boer on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 01:35 pm:

I am missing also the crank pully and gear,
does one of you know or the pully and gear is just one piece, or appart so it can freewheel.
If it is one part then the chain is running all
the time
thanks for your comments
Toon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael K Johnson on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 01:39 pm:

Anthonie, There are several pictures still up (but maybe not for long) on the tBay web site. Maybe you could preserve a good inventory of parts pictures by downloading these pictures before they are gone.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration