Size of 4,5 x 21" wheels with spokes

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Size of 4,5 x 21" wheels with spokes
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann on Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 06:04 pm:

I have some old pictures from where my car was under restauration.
I am investigating if the car had 4,5 x 21 spoke wheels when the previous owner that restored it, bought it.
He claims it had, but it is almost 50 years ago and I suspect he says what he think I want to here.
So what are the diameter and width of the 4,5 x 21 wheel witout the rim and tire and what is the same for 30 x 3?
taxa

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann on Sunday, December 06, 2009 - 12:05 pm:

4,5 x 21" felloe diameter without rim: 51 cm (20")
3 x 30 felloe without rim: 56 cm (22")
(both with demountable rims)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 11:00 am:

Michael, you're talking to yourself! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 03:10 pm:

Yes - but that is for the case where someone else later may have the same question.
It happened so, that a T friend came by yesterday in his 26 Touring and that have 4,5 x 21" spoke wheels and by coincidence I had a folding ruler in my pocket.
Nobody apparently had the answer.
Now I need to see if I can figure out what wheels sits on the car on the picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Peterson on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 09:17 pm:

that isnt a T is it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 12:16 am:

Sure doesn't look like a T to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 12:27 am:

It sure is a T - but with a custom build body.
Here is the cat as it looks today:
Ford
Its a long story - some of it can be read in other threads and soon in Vintage Ford(when I get the time to write the article)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration