Pics of Aluminum Touring Trim- Anybody else got these?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Pics of Aluminum Touring Trim- Anybody else got these?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Naquin on Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 11:55 pm:

Here are some shots of some pieces of aftermarket aluminum trim that was apparently added to my '23 Touring a long time ago. There are deep, worn scratches in these pieces. Anybody else got these? They really have a snappy look.

\image {trim1}

\image {trim2}

\image {trim3}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Naquin on Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 11:56 pm:

why didn't my pictures post?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 12:02 am:

You shouldn'tna put a space after image .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Naquin on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 12:03 am:

ah

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Naquin on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 12:05 am:

Alright...here's Take Two:

trim1

trim2

trim3

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Naquin on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 01:10 pm:

Nobody else has seen these?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 01:14 pm:

I've seen several early touring cars with solid wood trim kits mounted as yours.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 01:29 pm:

William

Haven't seen an advertisement for metal trim on the top of doors, only for wood, and those have always been for the early brass cars.

pcc

Guess that someone made those to dress up the T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Naquin on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 04:23 pm:

They don't look like they were made up in someone's garage; they're well and heavily made and appear to be cast.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 06:42 pm:

William

Now doubt. They look like new. As for casting, you could check the underside to see a cast surface. They sure do look great on your car.
The top sides in your photo make these appear polished and look like new 6016 aluminum stock. Maybe the former owner was a machinist.

Would think wood is better for armrest, at least in my FL sunshine, the metal tops of the door skins on my '24 sure get too hot for me when parked outside for long :-)

pic

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration