Did 26-27 fordor sedans have:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Did 26-27 fordor sedans have:
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry A.woods on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 12:47 am:

rear seat passenger assist straps that mounted to the center door pillars? Or
a rear seat assist rope that fastened to the rear of the front seat back?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Decker on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 10:38 am:

Hi Terry
I'm not aware of any. On my 26, there were none. It can be very awkward and a tight fit when entering the rear seat. I'll be interested in other responses.
Harvey ....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Decker on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 10:42 am:

And I should ADD on exiting the rear seat area? That's when some assist would be most beneficial. I'm awake now!
Harvey ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Money on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 12:36 pm:

My 26 Fordor has a "robe bar?" on the back of the front seat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry A.woods on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 03:29 pm:

Doug, is it a metal bar or rod, or is it a fabric covered rope as many cars in the 30's, 40's, and 50's had?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 04:10 pm:

Terry - My '27 Fordor doesn't have either a robe rail or assist straps.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Money on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 04:21 pm:

It is a metal bar.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Mortensen on Tuesday, December 01, 2009 - 08:30 am:

I thought that getting out of a Fordor was easy with "gravity assist" <grin>

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dennie kirkpatrick on Tuesday, December 01, 2009 - 08:37 am:

I have a friend of mine in our BLUESTEM VINTAGE CLASSICK AND ANTIQUE CAR CLUB, that has and orginal 26 t ford sedan, and when you look at it, you can appreciate the orginalality of it. It still has the orginal engine in orginal shape)not painted,or what is left of the orginal paint) on the engine, the orginal interior, which is pretty good for as old as it is.
I do think, that it does have the assist straps on the door posts. It is a four door sedan. I will check the next time I see him.
The car still has all the orginal parts and radisator and paint. He will not do anything to it, and it runs suprisingly well. Sounds good.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration