1926 Fordor Blinds

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: 1926 Fordor Blinds
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garry Potter on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 04:38 pm:

The Macs Cartouche blind material does not look correct with my new grey with red stripe upholstery.
Where can I obtain the proper material and colour for my blinds in my 1926 Fordor
Thanks
Garry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Grant Landy on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 06:06 am:

Garry,
If you are successful in your quest I would also like to know where to get the correct material. Mine have turned to an ugly stained brown color. Cant tell what the original color might have been. The tassles attached to the pull string on the blind are quite fancy but a bit old and dirty to use as well. Did you re do all the bright work end of the blind rollers as well? Were they nickel plated or will chrome do now?
Sounds like the car is coming along very nicely. You should post some pictures.
Warwick.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Sosnoski on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 09:54 am:

I found some material which seems to match the shade on my original 24 coupe exactly at Jo Anne Fabric. The sales literature and all of the change notices say the material was silk, however the material I found was cotton and seemed to be an exact match. If you have the original shade, take it to the fabric store, find someone who works there, point to your shade and tell them you need some of this material.

There were no tassels on the shades and there is no pull string. They used a simple rectangular tab sewn to the bottom of the shade. The brackets and screws were nickle plated and I believe that the eye screws in the side of the rod were black.

Dave S.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garry Potter on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 09:56 am:

Warwick
I am still searching for a material supplier and I will be contacting other companies such as Lebarron Bonney.
I bought the blind clips from Macs. They do not appear to be plated so I will send them to the nickel plater for finishing.
I have been trying to restore this car to perfection and can respond to any of your requests
Regards
Garry Potter
Canada

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration