Gas tank question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Gas tank question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 06:15 pm:

A friend of mine found this gas tank in an old house. I think it a model T tank but which t I'm not sure. Maybe someone could tell me and maybe what it's worth. It says Henery Ford and Sons, Dearborn Mi. on it...I'll try a post a pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 06:20 pm:

I dont see the image key,,,where do I look for it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 06:22 pm:

Will, it sounds like one for a Fordson. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 06:54 pm:

Will

The image key went away with the register on posting to keep out the spam.

You have to type a keyword to place a photo now.
so,,, type a back slash "\" then "image" then "{pic here}". But do all that without spaces or ".

Then when you hit 'Preview' you will see the Image Here box. Then you hit 'Post' and the Image Here box goes away and you get the browser window to load your picture as before. Then you hit 'Load' and your Post goes up with the picture you entered.

Kinda hard to do at first, but I have warmed up to it, still gets hard when you don't know if your pic size is correct, or if you want to cancel your post after hitting 'Post' and you can't find the correct picture to post, the system will post anyway that blank "Image Here" box.

And, a Fordson tractor gas tank in very good shape is worth $150 and up. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 07:14 pm:

Will, I think this tank is an early Fordson Tank. 1917 - 1921. The 1921 and Later tanks read Fordson and then read Ford Motor Company Detroit. This was after Henry merged the two companies after he took full control of Ford Motor Company.

Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph Magedanz on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 08:06 pm:

Does it look like this?

file

It was mounted on this road grader conversion:

file

I saw this and several Fordsons at the Cloud Museum near Yuma, AZ.

Cloud Museum

It is an interesting place to visit with lots of unrestored Tís and related items.
Joe

It is an interesting place to visit with lots of unrestored Tís and related items.
Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 09:33 am:

\imagepichere

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 09:35 am:

\Imagepichere

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 09:44 am:

sample

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 09:46 am:

By golly I think I got it!

samplepic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 09:51 am:

Thanks Dan for your help,,,, Yes Joe thats the same one, Thank you. My friend says it in great shape as it was stored inside the old house....If you know anybody looking for a tank he's looking to sell it.

gastank

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 09:56 am:

Thanks Dan for your help,,,, Yes Joe thats the same one, Thank you. My friend says it in great shape as it was stored inside the old house....If you know anybody looking for a tank he's looking to sell it.

gastank

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration