Clymer spotlight question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Clymer spotlight question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph Magedanz on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 07:45 pm:

Does anyone know why there is a cross piece just above the shaft?

file

Is it to restrict where you can aim the spotlight and to keep you from shining it into the oncoming driverís eyes? OrÖ?
It isnít shown in any of the old ads for Clymer Spotlights that I have seen.
Thanks for any ideas.
Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick - (2) '26's - Bartow, FL on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 08:48 am:

That appears to be a nice adjustable positioning accessory to the light. I would guess that, since the Model T vibrates so much, Clymer discovered it was a necessary accessory in order to keep the light in one place so the light would not drift all over the place when the car was underway. In your picture, I would guess it is upside down and really should be used as a rest for the handle, but can be used either way depending on whether the handle or the spotlight is heavier and how the light reacts (whether the light tends to go up or go down) when the car is running. I don't believe it restricts the positioning at all since it can be adjusted up or down or used over or under. It simply holds the light in the place you desire. Probably most useful for early police cars. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson on Wednesday, December 02, 2009 - 04:49 pm:

Joseph:

I have 5 or 6 of Clymer's through the windshield spotlights and none of them had the cross piece that you have. I wonder if someone added that to the spot light?

A345 Clumer Spot light
A345a Mounts for spot light

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph Magedanz on Thursday, December 03, 2009 - 01:46 am:

Dave,
That could be, since I have not seen it in the old ads for the Clymer spotlight. Maybe an accessory for the accessory?
Joe

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration