Winter project for those snow bound

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Winter project for those snow bound
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 09:11 pm:

This looks pretty neat....just add Model T steering column to your snow sled and enjoy the winter with a T :-)

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael K Johnson on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 10:34 pm:

Very cool Dan. I see you have the right size trailer to haul it home!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 10:47 pm:

Notice the steering lock on that one?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 10:51 pm:

Aaron, that's so it won't get stolen!<grin> Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner on Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 11:07 pm:

looks like part of it did....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Menkhaus on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 12:30 am:

That reminds me of "THE CLUB", that steering wheel accessory of the 1980's that you saw on all kinds of cars. It had two reverse loops connected to a bar with internal roller bearings, and a lock. The company that sold them had infomercials day and night, showing how you could saw and saw, and never cut through the roller bearing equipped hardened steel lock bar. There was another variation that connected the steering wheel to the brake pedal. No way you could steel that car!

Then, I think it was a "60 minutes" or something, where they had a professional car thief say, "I'll have that thing off there in 60 seconds"

I remember the producers of the show asked him point blank "Are we going to show our viewers something they shouldn't know?" He replied back, "The people who steal cars allready know how to do this, and the people who don't who are going to see this aren't bad people who steal cars".

He then proceeded to cut through the steering wheel with a standard hacksaw. Took about 45 seconds. He pulled the steering wheel up a bit, and slipped "THE CLUB" off. Gone in 60 seconds.

If you listened reals close, you could hear the groan from the Executives at the company who made "THE CLUB"...

Later, they came up with a version that covered the ENTIRE steering wheel..but it was too late..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr. on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 02:59 am:

This guy who worked where I did drove an old rusted-out, beat-up Gremlin to work and secured it with a shiny red club. I always thought it be neat to saw his steering wheel, steal the club and leave him the car. Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevin Gough on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 10:58 am:

I have a sled that my Grandad made out of a Model T, he used the wooden top bow's to make the skids.

Regarding locks, I put a Master Trailer Hitch lock on my trailer. When I went to unlock it before a tour, I found the key was missing. It took 5 seconds to get it off. I put a drill bit in a cordless drill and stuck it where the key went. The whole tumbler fell out before I even started drilling!

I paid really good money for that lock, so was relieved and disappointed at the same time.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration