Steering wheel

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Steering wheel
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony DiSalvo on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 08:28 am:

Hello, can some tell me why my steering wheel has a key? Is it so it can be removed to stop theft ? what type of key does it take the ignition key is different. Thank you Tony

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Hap" (Harold) Tucker on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 08:39 am:

Tony,

None of the original steering wheels provided by Ford had keys. Many of the accessory steering wheels had keys – and yes that was to help prevent theft. See the thread at: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/80257/114195.html?1258510656 which shows one of the many aftermarket steering wheels for the Model T that had a key. And if anyone recognizes the one at that thread, Jack is still wondering if it is anti-theft only or also a “fat man” steering wheel.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap Tucker l9l5 Model T Ford touring cut off and made into a pickup truck and l907 Model S Runabout. Sumter SC.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Mitchell on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 07:29 pm:

I have a Phillips locking wheel on my car that was a dealer installed item in 1924. I bought the remains of a 1924 tudor and it came with the origanal title and bill of sale from ford. The steering wheel was a $14.00 option in 24, pretty expensive back then!!!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration