Model T Dog Show & Tell

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Model T Dog Show & Tell
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael K Johnson on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 03:17 pm:

There are a lot of great dog pictures from time to time so I would like to get all the pictures in one place on this thread plus new ones. I saw a couple of good ones today. Could you please post model T dogs, with names and some detail, riding with a dog tips and stories. I will start with a picture from down under that was posted here a couple of monthws ago. It might take a couple of attempts.

{image}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael K Johnson on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 03:18 pm:

That didn't work

{image}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael K Johnson on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 03:19 pm:

/{image}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael K Johnson on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 03:20 pm:

{image}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael K Johnson on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 03:21 pm:

Off to a bad start here. You know the one I mean The dog with the goggles and the guy in the front seat. Sorry about that!

{image}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 03:26 pm:

Keep trying, Michael, it's a great idea. I'd love to see the photos.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G. B. Blackmon on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 03:31 pm:

Michael,

\image {picturename}

Do not put a space as I have done after image.

For picture name use anything.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael K Johnson on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 03:36 pm:

mother of all model T dogs

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 03:36 pm:

Michael, in other words, this is the syntax:

\image{picturename}

Be sure you use a backslash \ and not a forward slash /

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael K Johnson on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 03:38 pm:

Thanks Bob, G.b. and Dick, It worked. I'm loosing my marbles.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Hoffman on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 03:39 pm:

dog

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Hoffman on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 03:42 pm:

t_dog

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Hoffman on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 03:48 pm:

dog2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 05:00 pm:

Man's best friends...the dog and the Ford...:-)

pic here

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael K Johnson on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 05:20 pm:

Terrific Dan, thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Gelfer on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 05:46 pm:

I love the dog with the Ford blanket. Is that a 1912 Touring? Looks like a one piece firewall, so it can't be 19111.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 08:57 pm:

X

Joker and her people playing on Clarence's roadster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Tuesday, December 01, 2009 - 01:23 am:

That's Bud in Michael's post.

from wiki:
“Bud” was the first dog to take a cross-country drive in 1903 with his owner Horatio Nelson Jackson and a bicycle mechanic named Sewall Crocker. “Bud soon became an enthusiast for motoring," Jackson bragged, especially after his masters put a pair of their goggles on him to keep the stinging, alkali dust out of his eyes.

I believe Bud was given to them in Oregon to fend off predators on their way east. IIRC, "The First Road Trip" was the name of the one hour special that was shown on tv a couple of years ago.

Other famous American Staffordshire Terriers:

Sergeant Stubby died on March 16, 1926, as a hero. Sergeant Stubby is the most decorated dog in military history, and the ONLY dog to have been promoted during battle. He fought for 18 months in the trenches for France during WW1 for 17 battles. Stubby warned his fellow soldiers of gas attacks, located wounded soldiers in No Man's Land, and listened for oncoming artillery rounds. He was also responsible for the capture of a German spy at Argonne. After his time in the war, Stubby met Woodrow Wilson, Calvin Coolidge, and Warren G. Harding. He was, also, made a life member of the American Legion, the Red Cross, and the YMCA.

Jack Brutus was another famous military dog. He was the the official mascot of Company K, First Connecticut Volunteer Infantry.

Poster image for the U.S. during the 1900s. This breed was the image people saw on various war posters, representing the country's strength and dignity.

caes

rdr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Lawthers on Tuesday, December 01, 2009 - 01:48 am:

Here's Madigan, AKA Madi. She loves to go riding in the T.me & madi

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael K Johnson on Tuesday, December 01, 2009 - 10:34 am:

Thanks Rick for the background, and Tom for Madi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Bishop on Tuesday, December 01, 2009 - 03:44 pm:

17modelt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn on Wednesday, December 02, 2009 - 02:26 am:

Here is one of a "Hot Dog"

image{hotdog}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn on Wednesday, December 02, 2009 - 02:30 am:

I'll try again.

hotdog

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner on Wednesday, December 02, 2009 - 02:41 am:

You can do it Mike.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael K Johnson on Wednesday, December 02, 2009 - 10:09 am:

What Boiled sausage at Clear Lake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner on Wednesday, December 02, 2009 - 12:00 pm:

Mike, They usually cook better with the lid on. Only kidding. I love most animals. Especially with some good BBQ sauce.

Cute photo, Erich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Decker on Wednesday, December 02, 2009 - 12:04 pm:

Remember, mustard and onions only, for a traditional Chicago Dog ?
hot dog

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 10:09 pm:

The statue of Bud at the Smithsonian is all out of proportion. They have his body much too small.

w

bud

bud2

bud3

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roland Palmatier -- Durham, NH on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 10:41 pm:

Here we all are on this September's Tour:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard Tobias on Thursday, December 10, 2009 - 04:30 pm:

The "Bud" statue looks more like Victor's "Nipper" with a bigger head grafted onto it.
Howard

PS I like the picture of Steve Jelf and his black dog in the touring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf on Thursday, December 10, 2009 - 05:59 pm:

Zeke likes to ride in the T and bark at all the neighbor dogs when they run out to chase us. When we go to town in the summer I always try to park in the shade of a big tree.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Floyd Ray Harper on Friday, December 11, 2009 - 08:50 am:

The RCA Dog Nipper Model T
{my picture}
{my picture}
\(my picture}
{my picture}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Floyd Ray Harper on Friday, December 11, 2009 - 08:52 am:

Try again
{my pictures}
{my pictures}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Floyd Ray Harper on Friday, December 11, 2009 - 08:54 am:

{my pictures}
Try

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Floyd Ray Harper on Friday, December 11, 2009 - 08:57 am:

The RCA Nipper Dog Car
my pictures
my pictures
my pictures

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Floyd Ray Harper on Friday, December 11, 2009 - 09:03 am:

OK we will try to load the car this time.
The RCA Car Nipper
my pictures

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Floyd Ray Harper on Friday, December 11, 2009 - 09:14 am:

One more try with more pictures
my pictures
my pictures
my pictures

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael K Johnson on Friday, December 11, 2009 - 10:28 am:

Wow Floyd, what a collection.

How much is that doggie in the window arf, arf!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, December 11, 2009 - 12:26 pm:

Roland,It's great to see a post from you!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Floyd Ray Harper on Friday, December 11, 2009 - 02:34 pm:

Michael & Kenneth and others.
The reason for RCA and the Nipper I worked for RCA 23 years and 6 mo. I started my collection when I started. Lets get to the Model T as this is a Model T site. I found a picture of a RCA Hack in the early days and had a friend of mine to build this one.
One more picture. The tail and front side lights.
my pictuers

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Floyd Ray Harper on Friday, December 11, 2009 - 02:48 pm:

This is all. The pictures all made this year except one made in 2005. I just finish re restoring in August this year. I will post 3 more pictures and this is all. The crank in the back from a Chevy. TK. spare tire holder. The other is a heater that works.
my pictures
my pictures
my pictures

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael K Johnson on Friday, December 11, 2009 - 03:15 pm:

Wonderful work Floyd & a nifty heater. Thanks for posting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Shelton on Friday, December 11, 2009 - 03:36 pm:

file

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Shelton on Friday, December 11, 2009 - 03:39 pm:

Cats are people too. (or so I am told)

file

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino on Friday, December 11, 2009 - 04:27 pm:

Steve,

I imagine putting the dogs under the T helps keep the floor cleaner but doesn't it make washing the the dogs a big chore?

Yuk...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Shelton on Friday, December 11, 2009 - 04:45 pm:

Henry,

Used motor oil is good for the mange!

Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Martel on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 01:24 am:

Capone in his harness.. He has spent over 1500 miles back there this summer alone.

capone
capone2

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration