Starter cable sleeve

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Starter cable sleeve
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Humble on Tuesday, December 01, 2009 - 09:44 am:

I have an older sleeve over the starter switch to starter motor cable that was available from the vendors 30 years ago. It is just large enough to slip the cstarter cable thorugh. Looking at some of the pictures in the Ford Service Manual and Service Bullitens it looks like it should be larger for the starter cable and lighting wire harness to both go through. Anyone else noticed this?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky on Tuesday, December 01, 2009 - 03:03 pm:

The last repro sleeve I used was large enough for the starter, battery and tail light wire. The old one on my 25 had to be cut off though. I suspect that age causes them to dry and shrink. It helps to thread the smaller wires through first then the starter cable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Wednesday, December 02, 2009 - 12:21 pm:

All those wires go through that sleeve. I would imagine that Langs sells them. There is a smaller short one too that goes over the battery cable where it enters the battery box.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration