1924 ford roadster

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: 1924 ford roadster
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McEntee on Wednesday, December 02, 2009 - 03:12 am:

I will be in America next year and if anyone has any information regarding the purchase of body panels for 1924 Roadster (in particular the windscreen cowl, rear body eg. dickie seat, hood lining and cab section) would be appreciated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob wood on Wednesday, December 02, 2009 - 03:27 am:

Steve,
check on the parts supplier section of the home page. Rootlieb in Turlock, Calif. makes a lot of quality sheet metal. Also I would suggest placing an add in the classified section using "parts wanted".
I hope you find what your looking for and have a fun time doing it.

Bob Wood, SF East Bay, Ca

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McEntee on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 12:33 am:

Thanks Bob for your information, I did look at those sites however not many were relevant to my vehicle. Please see the photos of what I am trying to build and photos of what I have to date. I am only after body components and roof, I have everthing else. Thanks again for your help

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 12:46 am:

Mark Freimiller, Iola, Kansas might be your best source. You can find him on the web at www.modelthaven.com. If you are going to be here in March 2010, the Chickasha swap meet should have what you need. The Chickasha meet will be Thursday, March 18 and Friday, March 19, 2010. Setup is Wednesday, and you should be there as people come in so you can scout out what you need and maybe make an early sale. Meet is in Chickasha, Oklahoma, a little west of Oklahoma City.

Freimiller will be there along with a several Englishmen who come each year and fill a container full of cars and parts to be shipped back home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McEntee on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 01:52 am:

Thanks for your help, I will look him up at his site. Unfortunately I will not be in America until April.
Steve

Please see the photos of what I am trying to build and photos of what I have to date. I am only after body components and roof, I have everthing else.

a

b

c

d

e

f

g

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan Long on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 09:06 am:

Steve, glad that you are using the "Forum" My only hope is that you don't get addicted like me listening to the experts talking about T's. Love it!!

Cheers. Alan Long Bibra Lake PS nice car..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 10:02 am:

Steve, America is a very large area, which area will you be visiting?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 12:55 pm:

When you get around to doing your bows, don't copy the one in your photo! That back bow is way off.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leon Parker on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 01:13 pm:

Larry
The top bows in the picture are not mounted in the correct area. The Body mounting iron needs to go about 3" back from the door. The bows may be correct.
roadster

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leon Parker on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 01:17 pm:

Sorry bad picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leon Parker on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 01:35 pm:

Try this again. The set back is more like 4" to 6". The picture is of a 17 but the mounting brackets are in about the same place. Leon
mounting bracket

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leon Parker on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 01:45 pm:

I took a better look at the picture I posted and it is an early 15 not a 17. It has the all wood seat frames and no arm rest caps. Leon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Alexander on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 01:47 pm:

Steve: If you are going to be on the east coast, I have a very nice turtle deck for a '24. Email me and I can tell you more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 05:56 pm:

@Ted Dumas - those englishmen - is that the Tucket Brothers?
http://tuckettbrothers.co.uk/Model%20Ts/Model_T_index.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 06:19 pm:

Steve
I guess you are probably looking for a Canadian body (with the LH door). The cowl panel is the same. The windshield is different as well as the LH cowl side and of course the LH door. The rest is pretty much the same. I can probably find you a door and a cowl side. With a little work you can modify the "tub" from American car. Roadsters bodies up here are darn scarce, way more tourings. And the windshields are really hard to find. The bottom half opens on the Canadian version.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 07:22 pm:

Tucket will be there he only has missed at least once as I remember lately when his daughter got married, he hangs with Friemiller

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 07:23 pm:

If you get to Colorado, I have about 10 cowls, I would be glad to give you one. They are in good shape. You could have your choice.

Dave Huson

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McEntee on Sunday, December 13, 2009 - 09:48 pm:

BILL NEED EMAIL ADDRESS.LES I HAVE A TWO PIECE SCREEN OBVIOUSLY CANADIAN. LEON YOUR BODY IS WHAT I AM SEARCHING FOR BUT LATER MODEL 1924.BILL WILL BE DOWN EAST COAST FROM BOSTON TO MIAMI.LES WOULD BE GREAT TO CATCH UP BUT DON,T KNOW WHERE YOU ARE .ALAN GOT THE BUG NICE TO TALK WITH OTHER ENTHUSISTS NOT LIKE HERE. ITINERARY ALASKA 1 WEEK ,CANADA 4 WEEKS , EAST COAST AT PLEASURE DRIVING TO MIAMI, LAS VEGAS,SAN FRAN TO LA DRIVING. 14 WEEKS TOTAL. DAVE NEED CONTACT. THANKS EVERYONE STEVE

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Sunday, December 13, 2009 - 10:27 pm:

Steve
I live at Calgary Alberta Canada.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Materazzi on Sunday, December 13, 2009 - 11:01 pm:

The picture of the stripped body is not a 17 but rather my 16.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McEntee on Tuesday, December 15, 2009 - 07:49 pm:

les love to catch up with you i will be in calgary for 1 week may 2010 could i have you phone no for contact thanks steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Tuesday, December 15, 2009 - 08:14 pm:

Steve
If your schedule permitted it would be worth your while to be at Red Deer (100 miles North of Calgary) on the weekend of April 30 May 1 for the Red Deer Swap meet. As far as I know it is the biggest one in western Canada. I believe about 1000 stalls. All indoors and like $2.00 to get in and free parking. Also in the area is the Reynolds Alberta Museum ( http://www.machinemuseum.net/) at Wetaskiwin which is certainly worth seeing. I will send you my phone number off list.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Alexander on Tuesday, December 15, 2009 - 08:38 pm:

Steve: Click on my name on my post and you'll see a lead to email me. Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McEntee on Wednesday, December 16, 2009 - 09:32 pm:

hi les will not be in calgary till mid may i seem to be missing everthing steve

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration