Model TT innel axle ball bearings

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Model TT innel axle ball bearings
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sebastien Landry on Wednesday, December 02, 2009 - 11:01 am:

I want to rebuild my TT differential and I want to get all the parts I need before i do. It is a plain differential (non ruxtel)

Would anyone know what part number could be used to buy a modern replacement ball bearing assembly for the TT-1018 inner axle ball bearings.

Thanks in advance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino on Wednesday, December 02, 2009 - 11:47 am:

I really understand your desire to have everything in hand before starting, but the inner ball bearings may not need to be replaced. If you wait until you take it apart you may find that they're OK. If not, once you have them in hand, it should be easy to match them up with new bearings.

Just my thoughts. Good luck!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By GLEN CHAFFIN on Wednesday, December 02, 2009 - 12:18 pm:

Sebastion, Clean your bearings with gasoline or other solvent to remove all 0ld oil and grease then check the races for pits or other damage. If they are bad we have them in stock. Chaffin's 951 735-4791

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sebastien Landry on Wednesday, December 02, 2009 - 01:16 pm:

Thanks all.

I will take it apart and check them first.

Sebastien

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration