Fabulous old car pictues

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Fabulous old car pictues
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Wednesday, December 02, 2009 - 01:22 pm:

Here are some excellent period pictures of old cars .

http://mred-old-cars.blogspot.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob sell on Wednesday, December 02, 2009 - 02:06 pm:

very nice!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, December 02, 2009 - 02:26 pm:

Neat stuff!!!
Some of those pictures I've seen before most I have not. There seems to be better explanation to them than I have seen before. I wonder where they get them?

About a little more than half way down there is a picture of a model T, with a lady getting into it. Is that a Towncar?

Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick - (2) '26's - Bartow, FL on Wednesday, December 02, 2009 - 04:46 pm:

Herb, I'm pretty sure that's not a Model T. Take a look at the steering wheel. Also, the wheels have 6 lugs, the front fender comes straight down and joins to the running board instead of sloping into it and the splash shields are much longer than the model T. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, December 02, 2009 - 05:12 pm:

Thank you sir!! Neat site and pictures but i think White Horse is in the Yukon instead of Alaska?? Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf on Wednesday, December 02, 2009 - 07:01 pm:

Yep, Whitehorse is on the Alaska Highway, but it's in Yukon Territory.

"US 99, Kern County, 1939" shows the Ridge Route near Lebec and gives a very good view of the old three-lane highway with the suicide lane in the middle.

In "Mr. Thomas of NY painting his car. 1920" is that an older model Renault with a self-starter on the front?

In "Gas Station, Miami Beach, Florida, 1939", what is the car on the left? At first I thought Olds, but those aren't GM headlights.

"Woman & Car with chauffeur, 1919, Washington DC" looks like a Hudson, but it sure is a fancy one.

I don't recognize all these pictures, but a lot of them are on Shorpy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Shelton on Wednesday, December 02, 2009 - 08:22 pm:

Regarding the 1930 Chevy Sdean - I used to have one like it but I never went to that Prayer Meeting. Maybe that's what the other guys were looking at the map for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Lovejoy on Thursday, December 03, 2009 - 01:18 am:

enjoyed that thanks Norman

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration