Period Photo - What body is 'Home'?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Period Photo - What body is 'Home'?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman on Thursday, December 03, 2009 - 06:06 am:

Seem like home is the car body in the background. A Centre Door?:

http://www.shorpy.com/node/7222?size=_original

d

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Hap" (Harold) Tucker on Thursday, December 03, 2009 - 08:48 am:

Adrian,

Thanks for posting. It isn't a Centerdoor as there is a hinge visible for the front door near the lady's elbow of her right arm.

But I don't think it is a T. Similar Fordor shape but the rear window in the lower back appears squarer than the T and the cowl seems much wider than even the 1926-27 T Fordor. Iím thinking it is a later car as by the 1930s the dash on most cars got wider. Also the dash bracket looks much higher. It also has an electric cowl light on the USA driver's side (which could have been added to a T).

But someone who is more familiar with the 1926-27 Fordors will be able to confirm I guessed right or to let folks know that it really was a T after all.

I'm sure lots of Ts were also used as homes during the depression. There are some good photos of that. Often they were still on the chassis.

Again thank you and others for taking the time to post the great old photos. Often times they can reveal some additional information. Especially the ones when the car was still relatively new. The older ones are fun to look at also, but we never know if the car was delivered that way or one of the several owners modified it.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap Tucker l9l5 Model T Ford touring cut off and made into a pickup truck and l907 Model S Runabout. Sumter SC.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Mortensen on Thursday, December 03, 2009 - 10:42 am:

Could also be a "cabin", so to speak. Set it up at your regular camping spot and set up a bed inside the body and just leave it there all year 'round.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Thursday, December 03, 2009 - 11:46 am:

I've never seen a cowl light like that on a T either. One thing for sure, it's California.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon on Thursday, December 03, 2009 - 02:05 pm:

The car (?) is definitely not '30s. Their cowls were much different. The cowl light and general shape are very close to a 1925 Studebaker that I used to have. But there were many makes '23 to '27 that would be close.

I like his hat, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman on Thursday, December 03, 2009 - 07:18 pm:

Thanks Hap - you have eagle eyes! it was the rear window shape caught my attention and speculation. Was not sure on the side lights, but thought that may have been an accessory.
Cheers
Adrian

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration