Radiator rebuild arrived today

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2009: Radiator rebuild arrived today
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Friday, December 04, 2009 - 05:09 pm:

Got the radiator back I left at Hershey with Jerry of Universal Carnegie Mfg, radiator guys from PA. The core is new, one that they mfg, and has better performance than a stock tube and fin. Of course, it won't look right on a stock Model T, but this radiator is for the Autowa, and wasn't stock to begin with. But the old honeycomb core was toast and leaked bad.

They took the old honeycomb core from the Autowa radiator and took a big saw to the face, and cut a full veneer front of the old honeycomb and soldered it to their core.
Here is the inside view of the new recore:
pic here

Now the radiator is like new inside, but retains all the charm and patina of the honeycomb on the outside.......
pic here

Here is the before picture showing that the new 'face' looks just like the old.
pic here

And no paint, I want to keep the old finish just like it was on the outside of the core.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Benjamin on Friday, December 04, 2009 - 07:51 pm:

Hi Dan:

That's very cool (literally & figuratively). Where in PA is Universal Carnegie Mfg. located?

Regards,

Rick Benjamin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George on Friday, December 04, 2009 - 07:55 pm:

Great job Dan!

Sounds as though you are really barreling throuh the Autowa

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace on Friday, December 04, 2009 - 11:00 pm:

Rick

Universal Carnegie Mfg is in Carnegie, PA, :-) of course!

here is their webpage:

http://universalcarnegieradiatorworks.com/

Liked their work they did for me....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Saturday, December 05, 2009 - 04:13 am:

Dan, is a great idea. I never would have thought about that. Looks like they did a great job. Dave

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration